Forza Horizon 5

bxtr90
edited July 2022 in General Topics

Not sure if anyone raised this up already, but Bitdefender is causing Forza Horizon 5 to crash to desktop at startup.

Only solution seems to be uninstalling bitdefender.

https://www.windowscentral.com/forza-horizon-5-crashing-how-fix-pc-and-official-workaround

Any other solutions?

Installed via Xbox Game Pass so I can't identify the game file to set an exception eithe

Comments

• It's something to do with the Advanced Threat Defense. Disabling it seems to be the only way to get FH5 to run properly. It's really something that Bitdefender needs to look into and resolve. It's the same for both the MS/Xbox and Steam versions of the game.

• Hello @Darkiger and @bxtr90 ,

We are aware of this and we're working on a fix.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• I had to disable both Firewall and Advanced Thread Protection to get the game running. Not able to add a rule as well, because WindowsApps is hidden.
  • Hello everyone,

Kindly asking to update your Bitdefender to latest version, we've just fixed it. If problem still persists, kindly asking to drop a message to Support team.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hello,

Yesterday the game was working (but only in solo) when disabling Advanced Threat Defense module.

Now, with Bitdefender updated, the game is launching then crashing a few seconds after, I think you made it worse...

REgards,

• Same issue after updating to the latest version yesterday.

• Disabling Advanced Threat defense got mine working.

• disabled antivirus, disabled advanced threat defense, added forzahorizon5.exe as exception in advanced threat defense. the game runs till the loading screen where we press enter and select continue, then crashes. even updated bitdefender to latest version

• I have been in contact with Bitdefender on the issue as well. They fixed it & it worked for a little bit then another update to Bitdefender. I have found by completely wiping my computer & downloading everything besides Bitdefender the game runs with no issues what so ever. Right after installing Bitdefender the game crashes. Something on your side Bitdefender is crashing the game.

• I also have the same problem, please correct it as soon as possible

• We've been testing the compatibility and we did not run in the above issues. Also, from what I can see on Windows Central, the game has a lot of incompatibilities both with antivirus solutions , but also other applications.

Did you have it from Steam or MS Store and what is the region where you're playing?

cheers,

Mike

• So. I think I have found a good workaround where you don't have to disable the AV or firewall at all. As long as one can get the path of ForzaHorizon5.exe (even if Xbox app/windows store versions) path copy-pasted in Advanced Threat Defense exceptions directory finder the Advanced Threat defence will consider it as an exception even if u cant access those folders in file explorer.

So all someone needs to find is the specific directory path of the ForzaHorizon5.exe and paste it over here. And we can just change the drive letter of that path, copy-paste it in our ADT exceptions text box and voila. Job done!

There are a few ways of gaining access to the WindowsApps folder on the internet by granting yourself all the permissions. I would do it myself but I am not going to be able to access my PC for a couple of days as I am out of town. But that is what I did to get it working.

• captainstu72
    edited November 2021

You can find the specific path for forza horizon 5 by using Resource Monitor.

For me it was c:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.624F8B84B80_3.410.860.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ForzaHorizon5.exe but this also resolves to \\?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume15\forzahorizon5.exe when I try to add as an exception in threat defender .

Adding these in as exceptions to threat prevention and advanced threat detection has allowed the game to run.

• I keep having "Low Streaming Bandwith" issues even though I can launch the game I am usually on a black screen for 10 minutes until I go onto the starting screen where I can continue to the game. Also, when I'm in game it's extremely laggy and nothing will load in especially the map.

• where can  i find this: \\?\globalroot\device\harddiskvolume15\forzahorizon5.exe

• After latest update game is unplayebla. Every loading screen taking 10-15min. Once game already loaded gameplay freezing every few seconds

• Anyone knows why I can't select A.T.D. and antivirus from exclusion? It let me select only online threats prevenction :(

• 1/2/22 Purchased Forza 5 for my grandson for Christmas and a copy for myself to play it together as we live quit away from each other I have him on my Bitdefender 10 PC account. I have a Intel 8700 with a a 1080ti 32gb ram Windows 10 he has a AMD 7 3700X and a AMD 5700XT and 16gb ram Windows 10 both PC's have all the latest up dates installed.

I installed Forza 5 on my Intel PC and had NO ISSUES worked great. My Grandson could not get it to load on his AMD PC after ariving for the holidays I spent 3 days trying everything I could find to get pass the Forza 5 warning screen on his AMD system with no luck. The only way we could get past the warning scree was to completely uninstall Bitdefender. Both PC's are set very similar why it works on mine and not on his AMD is beyond me.

• Would also like to add that I have this problem on Gamepass. If I disable Bitdefender then it works but crashes when enabled

Would be interested to know if a fix will be implemented for this.

Thanks

Andrew