Lambada Background service notification

Hi, what ist "Lambada Background service notification" in Bitdefender Mobile Security Android? Is it new?

Comments

• Yeah, it appeared to me some days ago. Now I have two floating notifications, one with the logo and other with a simple plain square. I opened Bitdefender notifications and I saw the Lambada Background Service.

The plain square and the strange name, and the fact that it appeared at some point -it was not there when I installed it, there was no Lambada service at all- made me suspect of a virus inside Bitdefender... So I used Xiaomi Security (AVL & Avast) Malwarebytes... Nothing. Then I uninstalled Bitdefender, installed it again and there was no Lambada. Some days ago it appeared again.

If it helps, sometimes I get a message of Web Protection turned off. It doesn't worry me too much, since I have the phone set up with a lot of protection systems and probably something is protecting it to and having a conflict with Bitdefender. But now the Lambada makes me think that it could be related.

I'm really worried. Any help, Bitdefender?

P

• Okay! So I've contacted support and it is normal. It is a service that was added in latest update. There is no help in the app about it, but they told me they will add more info in next releases. Phew!

P

• I also get this one. What is it?

• Got this today... not too sure what it is, hope CS will explain a bit more

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    edited November 2021

Hi @Bennie84 , as our community member said, it is a service added in one of the updates, so you need not worry. It was an issue text-related which was adressed in the latest version. Kindly asking to update to the Bitdefender Mobile Security latest version.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB