Cannot turn on Bitdefender Firewall and Ransomware Remediation

Hi, I just subscribe to bitdefender total security. Currently have 2 device (windows 7 and windows 10).

In my windows 10 machine i cannot turn on Firewall and Ransomware Remediation (the switch is grayed out). While in my windows 7 machine i am able to switch it on just by clicking it.

How do i turn these features on on my windows 10 machine? Thanks.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Hi Member

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com .Response may be delayed due to less staff and covid19. Rest be assured, they will reply back asap.

If this helps, kindly mark answer as agree/ accepted

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• same issue here.

just installed 30days trial and the ransomware option is grayed out.

• I am having this issue as well with the firewall module. The ransomware seems to activate and hold but every time I try to turn on the firewall, the button immediately slides to the off position. Meanwhile Windows is telling me that the I am not protected even with its own firewall indicating that it is on. I don't have this problem on another computer running Windows 10 Pro but also, it has not been able to update to Windows 20H2 whereas my new machine has the latest version of Windows 10. The new machine is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. It is a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 with a Xeon E-2276M processor. Memory (128GB) is not ECC.

I have opened a case with Bitdefender in which the process uploaded all the details about my system. Hopeful

• I am having this issue as well with the firewall module. The ransomware seems to activate and hold but every time I try to turn on the firewall, the button immediately slides to the off position. Meanwhile Windows is telling me that the I am not protected even with its own firewall indicating that it is on. I don't have this problem on another computer running Windows 10 Pro but also, it has not been able to update to Windows 20H2 whereas my new machine has the latest version of Windows 10. The new machine is running Windows 10 Pro for Workstations. It is a Lenovo ThinkPad P73 with a Xeon E-2276M processor. Memory (128GB) is not ECC.

I have opened a case with Bitdefender in which the process uploaded all the details about my system.

• I have catch ransomware usam along time ago and I couldn't give a solution on that problem till today.

Can you give me a solution to recover some files?

Thank you in advance

Stefotaff