Mark All as Read?

garioch7
garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2022 in The Archive

I do like the improvements that have been made to the Bitdefender Forums. It is apparent that a lot of hard work is being done to make the Forums more friendly and control the spammers.

I do have one suggestion: I would like to see a "Mark All as Read" button for each Forum. Some of the topics in the Forums are of no interest to me, but I would like to be able to mark them as read without having to read them individually to clear the "New" indicator.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

Comments

• Hello @garioch7, we are happy to hear from you and I hope you had a good time during the Holiday Season.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a great deal to us because this is how we can improve and further develop this forum. Indeed, considerable efforts have been made to enhance our user's experience here and we are only getting started!

We have ongoing projects in the pipeline and new features and content will soon follow. We are firm believers that the Community should bring people together and we encourage the members to share their experiences and provide us with valuable feedback that can help the Community grow.

Currently, the forum does not offer the option to mark the threads as read without accessing them individually, but I have to say this would be something nice to have here. We'll forward your suggestion to our developers and see if such a feature can be implemented in the near future. For now, a "mark as read" option has been developed for the Notifications tab only.

Once again, many thanks for sharing your opinion here and we are glad to hear you are pleased with the improvements implemented so far. We are keeping a close eye on spammers and we are also using customized filters for moderation purposes.

Stay safe and have a prosperous New Year!

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi @garioch7 😊!

That's actually a great point, I was talking with @Alexandru_BD and we've passed it on to the dev team in charge of the website, we'll see if can be implemented in the next releases.

Have a +22% better 2022!

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• garioch7

@Mike_BD

Thank you for considering my request.

I was wondering if it also might be possible to have a "New Messages" indicator (flag) in the Category index pages? As It is now, you have to memorize the post count for each Category or open it up to see if there are new posts, which is a time-waster.

Thank you and have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

• That's a nice idea as well. Appreciate it and already pushed to the devs.

But, @garioch7 , what do you think about the Featured Content? Or about the functionality and layout, in general? We tried to keep it under Bitdefender's general brand guidelines, but also make it very neat, clean, easy-to-use. There's always room for improvement(s) so unbiased feedback is most welcome.

Have a great day,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• garioch7

@Mike_BD

I am very happy with the improvements that you have made in the last month or so. It is a nice clean interface and so far devoid of the spammers who proliferated the old Forums with their garbage.

I just offered my two suggestions because it would improve my user experience and possibly the experience for other users as well, although I can speak only for myself.

Thank you, have a great day, and congratulations on greatly improving the BD Forum.

Regards,

-Phil