H E L P ! My VPN won't turn on :-(

5Laurie5
5Laurie5
edited February 2022 in VPN

My VPN wont turn on even if I click to secure my connection, as if he was dead WHY :-(

The window opens, but no reaction even if i click either the "button" or the "little box" to go change the location.

Thanks in advance (❁´◡`❁)

5Laurie5 😥

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @5Laurie5 and welcome to the Community!

On what device are you experiencing this? I noticed you are also using mobile devices with your Premium VPN subscription. Do you receive any error messages whatsoever? Are you sure the device is connected to the internet? Check the below article and let us know if you can identify a possible error:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• The problem is on my PC (windows 10) Seams to be ok on my iPhone and my iPad

• When I go in the setting of windows, there are also choices on Proxy, VPN etc (witch I didn't notice before).

Can those settings interfere with my Bitdefender? and how should they be set?

Thanks (❁´◡`❁)

• Hi,

Can you post a screenshot of the VPN from your Windows 10 PC for us to have a closer look, please?

Thanks!

• Oups ... sorry Alexandru

No I don't get any error messages.

On my side bar, if I go over the little bitdefender icon, it says "You are safe" but what is safe ? it is the logo os Bitdefender Security Center not the VPN one.

• See if I click on the blue button nothing happens. . . :-(

• Bitsy
    edited February 2022

Just commenting to indicate that I experienced the same issue as the OP. It seems to have been a temporary hang-up since things are back to normal (at least, for the time being).

• Hello @Bitsy and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

@5Laurie5 have you tried the following:

1. Reboot the PC
    2. Sign-in again (Bring up Bitdefender VPN then access the human-shaped icon on the sidebar. Click on Switch Account at the bottom of the interface. Sign in with your Bitdefender Central account from the window that appears on your screen, then try again to connect to VPN)
    3. Enable the VPN adapter:

Go to Windows Start menu and type in ncpa.cpL then hit Enter on your keyboard. This will open Network Connections. In this window, right-click on the adapter TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and choose Enable if it’s disabled.

Then open Device Manager by following the instructions provided here → go to Network adapters and expand the tree menu → right click on the entry TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and select Disable.

Wait for a few seconds, then right-click again on TAP-Windows Adapter V9 and this time choose to Enable it. Now try again to connect to Bitdefender VPN.

Let us know if you can use the VPN afterwards.

Best regards.

• ALREADY TRIED AND DENIED.TRIED ONCE AGAIN TO NO AVAIL

• Finally on my computer it was saying "expired"

If so, WHY is it working on my iPhone AND my iPad ?

Anyway I was offered to upgrade and PAID and installed from the e-mail I was sent.

STILL DOSEN'T WORK ! ! ! ! !

Don't know what to do anymore ! !

:-( :-( :-( >:(

• Hello @5Laurie5,

I think our engineers might have to take a closer look. I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. It is possible that they will request logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards.

• Thanks Alexandru_BD (❁´◡`❁)

No problem I can contact them or they may contact me on Tuesday March 1st

(tomorrow I work and Monday am at the hospital)

If they don't contact me ? How do I contact them ?

The new VPN did not work either :

But the old VPN on my iPhone still works :

I just NOW activated it :

Million thanks in advance 🙏🏻 🙏🏻

• Hi,

You may contact our Support Teams either via chat, phone or by opening a ticket, using the link provided in my previous message. The first options are live channels where you will be connected to a technician. The contact form will help you open a case and provide you with a ticket ID.

For this e-mail request, the response timeframe would be 24 hours.

I have noticed that, the new activation code for the Premium VPN has been successfully redeemed in your Central account, thus if you attempt to redeem it again, the above error will be displayed.

Once the subscription is active, the activation code is no longer needed in the installation process, as all installations are managed directly from your Bitdefender Central account.

Best regards.