Help - registered email no longer accessible, need to change it

srr
srr
edited February 2022 in Central & Subscriptions

I no longer have access to the email address with which my Bitdefender account is registered. Recently I had to format my PC and need to reinstall Bitdefender. However, it keeps sending verification email to my old email to which I do not have access anymore. How do I get back my subscription to my new email address?

Answers

• Hello and welcome to the Community!

Kindly send me a private message with the old and the new e-mail addresses, and also the activation code or proof of purchase for your Bitdefender license and I'll be happy to help you.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thanks for your prompt message. Have messaged you privately.

Thanks

• Hi,

I have replied privately 😊

Cheers!

• Replied again.. thank you !!

• Hi there, I need to change my email on BitCentral as I no longer have access the registered one.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Bern2a

• Hello @Bern2a and welcome to the community!

Here's the procedure:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• I managed to set up a new email account but I do not have the activation code, where can I find it please?

thank you

Bernard

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
  • @Bern2a did you create a new Central account from scratch, or did you move your existing account to another email address?

• I used the existing email on my iPad to sign in and had move the existing account to another email address. I think the 4 mobile devices has a different email address to the original email address that was originally set up on the desktop. I no longer have access to the email address that was used on the desktop setup.

• Ok so if you changed the email address associated with your Central account for one of the devices, all you have to do now is to synchronize the other devices as well. You can use the 'Switch account' feature to do this. On all devices currently protected by Bitdefender, click the account icon in the Bitdefender interface, then select Switch Account and enter your new Central email address and password. This will help synchronize the antivirus with the new email address, since Bitdefender draws its validity and subscription info from Central.

Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do this for all operating systems covered by Bitdefender:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

• Bern2a
    Bern2a Mr
    edited November 2023

I am still unable to change the email address on my iMac. I followed your instructions and when I clicked “Switch Account” only a blank page popped up, there was no sign in page.

Thank you

Regards

Bernard

[screenshot removed by admin due to email address displayed]

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2023

Hi,

Not really sure what's going on there. In Central, on the new email address, how many devices are displayed as protected under your subscription? Is this Mac displayed there as well? Kindly be advised I have removed the screenshot from your previous comment for privacy reasons, because your email address was visible there, and this is a public forum after all, so it's not a good idea to share such personal data.

You could start from scratch and remove Bitdefender from that Mac, then send the install link to that device using Central and proceed with a fresh reinstall. This should normally resolve the issue.

Regards