BD Free on Win 10 21H2 blocks Microsoft Store Bing COVID-19 tracker install

Kenneth_Heal
edited February 2022 in Antivirus Free

I am running Windows 10 21H2 64-bit Home and have Bitdefender Free Antivirus.

When I go to Microsoft Store and attempt to install Bing COVID-19 Tracker from Microsoft the install is blocked.

As far as I can tell I have the latest version of the software and it is up to date:

Is this a false +ve?

Comments

• Hello @Kenneth_Heal and welcome to the Community!

Please use the form below to submit the URL to our Labs for further analysis:

They will analyze the detection and provide a fix.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD Thanks. Is there a way to get a text version of the log so I can extract the text url?

• Kenneth_Heal
    edited February 2022

Doubtless there is an easier more elegant way to do this, but here are the event details, will submit shortly to url above.

user@computer:~$ sqlite3.exe c://Program\ Files//Bitdefender\ Antivirus\ Free//events.db select\ \*\ from\ events\ where\ item_index\ =\ 60

60|TrafficScan.Antimalware|info|1645027804|visible|{

"alert_type" : "malware",

"extra" : {

"app_name" : "svchost.exe",

"app_path" : "c:\\windows\\system32\\svchost.exe",

"direction" : "out",

"dst_ip" : "2a01:111:2003::50",

"dst_port" : 80.0,

"src_ip" : "XXXX:XXX:XXXX:X:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX:XXXX",

"src_port" : 65015.0

},

"url" : "tlu.dl.delivery.mp.microsoft.com/filestreamingservice/files/8c87379c-e531-426f-940a-b24e99826e46?P1=1645028426&P2=404&P3=2&P4=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX%3d%3d",

"virus_name" : "Trojan.Agent.FFKL"

}

• @Alexandru_BD I submitted the URL a week ago, Submission 1007203634 but haven't heard anything back. Do you see any update on this? Thanks.

• Hello @Kenneth_Heal,

The data was sent to our laboratories and the engineers concluded the URL is clean and not currently blocked by our engines. Could you please retry and let us know the results?

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Alexandru_BD Thanks for the response. Have just tested and it now works!