Bitdefender eating all the battery

The problem started recently, Bitdefender seemq to be consuming quickly all my batteru charge. On the last charge it has been using 97,5% of the charge. I have a screenshot but do not see how to attach it here. I use a Galaxy S9 running Android 10 and Bitdefender 3.3.161.1916.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited February 2022

Hello @jacav and welcome back to the Community!

You can use the feature located next to the emoji, to upload a screenshot so we can further advise.

Are you using the VPN as well? To avoid unnecessary battery consumption of your device, I recommend you to use the VPN only when you need it and disconnect when offline.

Normally, battery impact is very low with Mobile Security. The application only runs when it is essential – after you install an application, when you browse the application interface or when you want a security check. Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android does not run in the background when you place a call, type a message or play a game.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hi,

After restarting my device and applying pending updates Bitdefender moved from 3.3.161.1916 to 3.3.161.1930 and the problem seems resolved. Battery usage and cpu load of Bitdefender seems back to normal.

I was not using the VPN

I do not see the feature near the emoji you mention so I cannot attach fyi the screenshot taken before the update which seems to resolve the issue.

Regards
  • Hi,

Thank you for sharing the outcome with us. Indeed, updates help as they come with various bug fixes that have been reported or were identified at some point by the developers. I always recommend they are carried out as soon as they are made available.

I am glad to hear the situation was resolved. Regarding the thread attachments, i'll take a closer look and see if this is by any chance related to the settings in this category, as I have all the options available in the comments field.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• BitDefender is Good, but its too heavy so it require lots of specification.