VPN prevents Thunderbird from sending emails on smpt server

Bitdefender VPN prevents Thunderbird from sending emails on my Dodo smpt server. I can receive them but not send them without I turn the VPN off.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @Lynnly and welcome to the Community!

Follow the steps described in the link below and let us know if this was helpful:

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• It worked but I found it a bit difficult to do.

• Hi,

Sometimes, additional settings might be required. I am sorry to hear you have encountered these difficulties.

Best regards.

• I thought at first it had worked but then realized it hadn't so bitdefender VPN is still presenting me from sending emails.

• mdgboxx
    mdgboxx ✭✭✭
    edited March 2022

I gave up trying to solve this issue. I have three eMail accounts:

1) Outlook (@hotmail.com)

2) Gmail (@gmail.com)

3) My local Videotron (@videotron.ca)

Ever since I bought my VPN, I cannot reply or send new eMails when the VPN is turned ON.

I get blocked by «spamhaus.org» which has a http instead of https address. It bothers me, but the only way around it is to Turn OFF the VPN --before-- I reply and/or send a new message.

EDIT: I have Windows 10

• Does not work. Comcast refuses the connection. Thunderbird: "Could not connect to server mail.comcast.net; the connection was refused."

Split tunnel gives same result.

Comcast has their own vpn; if comcast sees a vpn, and it's not their's, you're not getting in.

Somebody show me how i'm wrong.

• Just had the same issue.......... tech support working on it.

• @sabaca I have noticed that our engineers replied to you 3 days ago proposing a time for a remote session on your device to address the issue. Kindly reply to them with your availability.

Regards