Can't add exception/allow from notifications?

If I'm trying to download a file that I know is safe (for example NiceHash miner) and BitDefender keeps blocking it, it should give an option to "Allow/Create Exception".

Instead, I have to wait for it to delete the downloaded file, then go into the quarantine, restore it, rename the restored/downloaded file from a .tmp to a .exe - then go into BitDefender settings and add an exception for that file - THEN I can run it.

Every other anti-virus I've tried would have some sort of allow/create exception button directly on the 1st "blocked" notification without having to jump through all sorts of hoops like this.

Comments

• Hello @brianjonespfk and welcome to the Community!

Many of the mining pools and / or mining software (e.g. even Nicehash, which is a popular one) are regarded suspicios by all the respectable AV vendors. We are trying to provide the safest solutions for the mass customer base and cannot risk them being exposed.

You may contact our engineers for more information and guidance regarding this.

You can get in touch with them by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I just read the above answer, and there was no solution, for one of the most basic questions. This is ridiculous. Will be cited.

• Hi @Fieldsock,

Simply put, an antivirus does not go well with mining software, if this is what you are trying to do. The solution in this case would be to reach the Support engineers for further advice and a workaround, if available. Bitdefender allows the exclusion of specific files, folders, processes and applications, or file extensions. More information on how to add exceptions is available in the articles below:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user