BD suspicious connection blocked on website I dont access

I get some notifications about connections being blocked, something like:

firefox.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to piwik.ovpn.se. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

chrome.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to a.omappapi.com. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

But I dont remember connecting to this, even though I use a VPN. I am very extra careful now because I was RAT'ed a few days ago due to my son's downloads. I want to know if:

1. These suspicious blocks are enough to prevent RAT's from accessing my PC.
  2. If installing BD+Malwarebytes+VPN combinations is enough to disable access to the intruder

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hello.

First, check out this comment:

and this comment:

So, to answer your questions:

1. Those suspicious blocks from BD are enough to prevent RAT's from accessing your PC.
    2. BD+VPN is enough to disable access to the intruder, but if you don't want to have worries about the intruders, BD+Malwarebytes+VPN is more than enough

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes, that also applies if your PC has been infected before the installation. If BD made a system (full) scan and you deleted/quarantined all the suspicious files on your PC, than you have nothing to worry about your PC being infected again. Just let BD+VPN or BD+Malwarebytes+VPN do the job for you. 😊

Answers