repeated issues of central sign-in repromp/redirect

i seem to keep dealing with this and this time it has gotten worse. usually i try to sign in to central and it redirects back to sign in (note: i'm on google chrome & i have also tried on microsoft edge, as well as trying from my gaming computer & other devices). this time it does that but also says "unable to connect to server" on my bit defender app...i'm just trying to reactivate my subscription and everything was working fine until my subscription expired.

usually central gets fixed after an hour of saying something on here and i'm able to sign in to activate my subscription...then central is back to the sign in redirect 30 minutes later... idk why this seems to be an issue that keeps happening, idk why it keeps happening to my account, but after i did a factory reset several years ago, which fixed the original issue of having no communication from my computer to their servers, i haven't touched the settings since, and now the server issue is back...honestly this is all super frustrating.

my guess is either there's an issue with my account data in their servers drive or this is just a problem in the coding involving my account...idk what is going on anymore....

Comments

• Hello @DragoDBlack,

On rare occasions, you may receive an error message indicating that the product was unable to connect to the server: “Unable to connect to the server. Sorry, we are unable to connect to the server. Please try again later”. Typically, this error means that a firewall, DNS, or content filtering system on your network or computer prevents communication with the Bitdefender servers and blocks the activation process.

If this is the image displayed on your end, try the following steps:

Step 1

If you are currently using the default DNS (Domain Name System) from your Internet provider, switch to a third-party DNS server that might be faster and reliable. Change the DNS server settings by following these steps. The instructions apply to all Windows versions.

Note: After completing each step, open the Bitdefender window and check if you can log in to your Bitdefender Central account.

Step 2

Aggressive firewall settings (e.g. Windows firewall, 3rd party firewall software, router’s built-in firewall) can prevent Bitdefender from communicating with the activation server.

Turn off Windows Firewall using the method described in this Microsoft article.

If you are not sure if your router comes with a dedicated firewall or how to turn it off, please refer to its manual, contact the manufacturer or your Internet provider.

Step 3

The Internet Explorer version present on your system could be outdated or corrupted. Some Windows components are directly related to Internet Explorer, and Bitdefender runs an Internet Explorer framework. Reset Internet Explorer settings to make sure it’s functional and up to date.

Step 4

An outdated Network Adapter Driver can result in connection issues. Update your network adapter drivers for better performance. You can find more information on how to install the latest driver available for your network adapter in this article.

Step 5

If you have followed all the above steps, but Bitdefender is still unable to connect to the server, there may be an issue with the way the network is configured. To correct it, please flush and reset the DNS by following the instructions below:

Open Command Prompt with administrator privileges: click the Windows Start ⊞ menu, type cmd then right-click the Command Prompt option in the search results and choose Run as administrator.

Type the following at the command prompt:

Type ipconfig /flushdns and then press Enter on the keyboard.

Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.

Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

Next, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter

Finally, type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.

Restart your computer afterwards.

Note: If Bitdefender continues to display the error ‘Unable to connect to the server’ after applying all the instructions recommended in this article, please contact the Support Teams and provide the information (logs) listed below.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• none of it worked, i tried it all in order. internet explorer is up to date, Microsoft edge is up to date, i flushed & reset my DNS, and i turned off my firewall, and none of it didn't worked. just working on sending them the diag info at this point

• Hello @DragoDBlack,

I am sorry to hear this. The best way to move forward in this case is to get in touch with the Technical Teams for further investigation.

Best regards.

• DragoDBlack
    edited April 2022

i have gotten in contact with them i have been waiting several days for a reply back on their findings since i sent them my diag info

• ...so, stupid but craziest thing...just needed to reinstall the bitdefender program since the expired notification locked it up. now it works...still can't get into central though even right after an OS reinstall

• @DragoDBlack what message do you receive at login? Do you have the 2-Factor Authentication feature enabled?

Central includes a Lock Account feature and this will be triggered after multiple failed login attempts, but your account does not seem to be locked at the moment.

Cheers.

• i have no message recieved. it just keeps redirecting back to login when you sign in successfully

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022

@DragoDBlack I would recommend to clear the cache and cookies, try incognito mode and also another device. If the issue persists afterwards, you can contact our Technical Teams for further investigation. But usually the steps above solve such issues.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

Best regards.

• tried that, even did a os reinstall. nothing worked

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022

I am not sure if this might work or not but since you have tried all possible resolution, kindly check if below steps helps you in anyway.

1) Uninstall the bitdefender product with add/ remove programs option in windows.

2) To remove the remaining files download and run Bitdefender product uninstaller (https://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/Bitdefender_2022_Uninstall_Tool.exe)

3) Restart PC in safe mode (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode-in-windows-92c27cff-db89-8644-1ce4-b3e5e56fe234)

4) As soon as desktop opens, assuming your windows drive is C, open below things in run (windows icon + R) command one by one :

C:\Program Files (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Program Files (x86) (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\ProgramData (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

C:\Users\{your pc name}\AppData\Local (delete any folder with name bitdefender)

5) Open run command as administrator and run below commands one by one :

temp ,delete all the files in the folder

%temp% ,delete all the files in folder

prefetch ,delete all the files in folder

6) Open registry editor through run command (windows icon + R) and then type regedit. Once registry editor opens, click on edit -> find, make sure to tick mark match whole strings only. Type bitdefender in search box and click find next. If any file or folder under name of bitdefender is found, delete it. Continue searching the registry and deleting until the search will report no registry keys found.

7) Restart your PC in general mode by unticking the option that you selected to run the system in safe mode and then click apply.

8) Open run command as administrator and run below commands one by one :

ipconfig/flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

netsh winsock reset

netsh int ip reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /registerdns

netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled

netsh int tcp show global

9) Remove all your devices from your bitdefender online central account (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795)

10) Download online installer for your respective bitdefender product from below stated links :

Bitdefender Total Security : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_tsecurity.exe

Bitdefender Internet Security : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_isecurity.exe

Bitdefender Antivirus Plus : https://download.bitdefender.com/windows/installer/en-us/bitdefender_antivirus.exe

11) Once your respective product is downloaded and installed, try signing into your central account on the bitdefender pop up windows that will show up once respective bitdefender product gets installed successfully.

If the issue persists, kindly contact the bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ and scroll down to the bottom of the webpage where you can get in touch with support representative either by email, chat or over a call.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)