Does BitDefender use SaferPass?

GaryCorby
GaryCorby ✭✭
edited May 2022 in Password Manager

As of yesterday, every time I open a browser I get this message:

Suspicious connection blocked

Feature:

Online Threat Prevention

msedge.exe attempted to establish a connection relying on an expired certificate to cdn-static.saferpass.net. We blocked the connection to keep your data safe since websites must renew their certificates with a certification authority to stay current, and outdated security certificates represent a risk.

It happens every time I open both Chrome and Edge.

I eventually realized I get the blocked connection message at the moment the browser creates the page to enter the master password for BitDefender Password Manager.

A system virus scan with BitDefender antivirus comes up clean.

So either BitDefender Password Manager is actually SaferPass, or else I have a weird trojan/virus, or maybe something else.

Which is it?

Best Answers

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @GaryCorby , @MatKolo and @Azelio and welcome to our Community!

@GaryCorby you don't have malware on your system, it is something we are aware of and engineering team is working around the clock for a fix. If you wish, you can open an inquiry with our Support colleagues here: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Mike_BD
    Mike_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Update: this was a false detection that has now been removed. The notification should no longer be displayed.

Stay safe,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

Answers

• I am getting the same thing

• Since today i get the same. What is going on there?

• Da Italia: salve ache a me succede la stessa cosa, confermo quello che hai scritto. Avere notificato alla Società BitDefender il problema. Saluti

• Thanks Mike, much appreciated.

• Thanks Mike, perfect. Such notifications are annoying. good job. Regards Azelio

This discussion has been closed.