Please add Linux as an OS in the Bitdefender Family Pack

Greetings,

Thank you for offering the multi-OS Bitdefender Family Pack. We have in our family a mix of Windows / Mac / Linux computers. I switched to Linux as my desktop OS back in 2007. Presently (and for the past 10 years) use Xubuntu which has the Xfce desktop environment, of the Ubuntu distribution of Linux.

I am thankful,

Michael

7 votes

In Review · Last Updated

Comments

• Hello @mdlueck and welcome to the Community!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We have received requests regarding the Linux protection in the past and we have provided this feedback to our developers for analysis. The operating system was also brought into discussion in our latest #AMA session hosted by our Security Research Director, who confirmed the proposal is being considered for analysis:

It's too soon to tell if the development will take place, as currently there are no plans to include other operating systems in the solutions, but the discussion will be reopened and we'll see where it leads.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I came here to request the same as I have a few Android devices and two (2) home computers running openSUSE Linux. I know Bitdefender has a business product (for Linux), but my needs are small. I am neither a business nor a large data center.

I left Microsoft Windows because of all the ads they now bundle in their product. I am told Windows 11 (which I do not own) is currently beta testing ads in explorer. Can you imagine seeing ads while you browse your files? Bad enough, they would randomly install promoted games and apps in Windows 10.

Linux is growing in popularity. And while people are quick to argue that Linux does not have anything to worry about. I have to ask myself how long that will be true?! And what is Android but a modified Linux system? I imagine the "bad guys" who are smart enough to develop their junk there have the intellectual capacity to port their garbage to work within a Linux system.

I would honestly like to say that all my home devices are safe and secure confidently. And I would like to be able to do so under the same umbrella and license if possible.

• I would love to see Bitdefender include Linux in their products with a GUI! Even if it's just CLI i mean i'll take it. keep up the great work!

• Thank you @kklc24 !

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022

Bitdefender had linux version available for home users in the past but then they discontinued it. Currently, the availability for linux version is only available if you go in for business product of bitdefender.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Please make a Linux version available for home users, even if it only has a CLI interface.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• rudiik
    edited December 2022

Hello BD folks! I really like BitDefender, but it makes me sad that there is no longer Linux for home users available. I manage 3 Windows laptops, 1 Windows VM, 1 Linux laptop, 1 Linux server, 3 Android phones and one iOS phone. It would be great to have these all protected by a single AV tool and ideally with some way how to get notified about any security threats. I know there is central.bitdefender.com portal which is cool, but it lacks any notification functionality. I didn't find a way how to setup any notification when a machine gets infected.