Password Manager as permanent replacement for Wallet?

Robaya
Robaya
edited May 2022 in Privacy

Hi,

I've read somewhere that Wallet will no longer be updated (someone asked the question if Wallet will support Edge), and Password Manager is the hot new kid on the block.

However, will that mean that this will become the default password manager with Total Security?

Edit: also, if that were the case, is there a way to have different vaults in Password Manager? In Wallet, you could have a different wallet for each computer. How could I accomplish this in Password Manager so me and my girlfriend for example, who use Bitdefender Total Security, could each have our own vault?

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hello @Robaya and welcome to the Community!

It's true that no further developments are planned for the Wallet, as our resources are focused mainly on the newly launched Password Manager. The developers aim to further improve the standalone service by adding new functions and for the upcoming release, they have worked on visual adjustments, a new build with added languages, an improved import flow and the requested "Remember me" feature, that will solve the cumbersome login process.

Following the valuable feedback we received from the members of our community, the multiple users feature has been approved and will make its way into the product as soon as possible.

Currently, the Password Manager is available as a seprate subscription from the antivirus, but it is also included in the Premium Security and Ultimate Security suites.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Robaya
    Robaya
    Answer ✓

Thank you!

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022 Answer ✓

Hi,

The product management team has confirmed the new build is very close to being released and will contain the "remember me" feature, which will solve the cumbersome login process.

As soon as the new release is deployed, I will post the change log here:

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• I tried the Password Manager for about an hour I couldn't handle having to input password for every page I needed to look at so I uninstalled it. So I couldn't say if this will be a good new addition or not. Will there be more information forth coming? If this feature changes to a stay logged in feature I may try it again. But until then I will leave it uninstalled.

• Yeah, except that's really not true is it. A password manager will give a password for a detected page, thats simply by design, it's literally what a password manager is used for: so you can have an unique password for every webpage, increasing the security since you don't reuse passwords.

It's true it's annoying that every time you start the browser you have to put in your master password, but they've already stated they're looking at that. But that was not for every page one needs to look at.