How do you get the Bitdefender Wallet working after installing via the Chrome Store?

Several months ago I used the following instructions to install the Wallet extension on Microsoft Edge;
"Have you added the extension? Visit
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/bitdefender-wallet/gannpgaobkkhmpomoijebaigcapoeebl?utm_source=www.crx4chrome.com in Microsoft Edge and click Add to Chrome."
This worked very well until I had to reinstall Bitdefender Total Security. Now the Wallet Extension Icon is greyed out and it asks Edge to be shut down and restarted. I tried this and it doesn't work. I also tried resetting Edge too.
Any ideas?
Tagged:

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com regarding your query .They will reply back asap.

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• I have experienced the same issue today after reinstalling/repairing Bitdefender Total Security.

The Wallet extension stop working on Edge only while working fine on Chrome.

Will show in Edge's toolbar grayed out... needless to say exactly as you have described.

I did reach out to Bitdefender tech Support although the answer was:

"I apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately, currently the extension is not compatible with the Edge browser and is not available on the Edge Add-ons store. So if it was installed from Chrome, we cannot guarantee the functionality of the extension."

... and while I do understand that I though would be worth digging it because I really like the feature and it did work for many months.

Below is what worked for me.

Use Registry Editor to locate the below:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Edge\NativeMessagingHosts\com.bitdefender.wallet.v19]

@="C:\\Program Files\\Bitdefender\\Bitdefender Security\\bdwtxmse.json"

Then open C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security\ and look for bdwtxcr.json

if you find it and has the below content, update the Registry settings from bdwtxmse.json to bdwtxcr.json 

{

"name": "com.bitdefender.wallet.v19",

"description": "Bitdefender Wallet Chrome Extension Native Messaging Host",

"path": "bdwtxcr.exe",

"type": "stdio",

"allowed_origins": [

"chrome-extension://gannpgaobkkhmpomoijebaigcapoeebl/"

]

}

Hope it helps.

• Thank you AHA. Worked for me.

• Wonderfull! Same circumstances, modified registry, back to use. Thanks.

• Excellent. Same problem, and this fix worked. Surprising Bitdefender doesn't provide this fix direct...

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2022

It may be because some situations and circumstances could be different per PC depending on what the engineers find on their end from reading a log file, compared to a members creative solution. That it could cause more grief if it wasn't the proper solution for that person's PC.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/