Damn annoying popups

Installed Bitdefender a few months ago, turned off everything I could find to stop notification popups telling me what's available that I can use or install. Those popups in the lower right corner are still coming. I have installed what I want, I don't want to hear about other stuff, and I want those damn annoying popups to stop or I will be uninstalling and moving to a different AV provider.

Answers

• Hello @DDR and welcome to the Community!

Could you please let us know exactly what the notification says, so we can further advise? Depending on the text displayed, we can identify the module and what triggers it.

Notifications are an important tool in monitoring and managing your Bitdefender protection. For instance, you can easily check if an update was successfully performed, if malware or vulnerabilities were found on your computer, etc.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Settings -> General -> switch off "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" and no popoups will be displayed in the lower right corner
  • WojTec
    WojTec Defender of the month ✭✭
    edited June 2022

@DDR @Gjoksi

I have the same thing on several devices, disabling recommendations does not solve the problem.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - you will have to report these issue to the development team and get them checked on different PC with different OS installed and with different specifications.

An in depth investigation is needed for this.

The issue is now common on bitdefender forums.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2022

@mrmirakhur @Alexandru_BD @Mike_BD

In my case, on my laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, i don't have that issue. In the lower right corner, i get notifications ONLY when a threat is found and not for anything else.

So, i presume it is a bug with Windows 10 and/or Windows 11.

Regards.

P.S. Did you notice that when writing a post and/or a comment, a lot of members forget to write the OS that they are using at the moment and also attach some screenshots of the issue? It can't be that difficult to write "I'm running Windows ... and i get these notifications as in the screenshot(s).".

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

P.S. Did you notice that when writing a post and/or a comment, a lot of members forget to write the OS that they are using at the moment and also attach some screenshots of the issue? It can't be that difficult to write "I'm running Windows ... and i get these notifications as in the screenshot(s).".

I guess at times it's up to us to ask when needed for the "I'm having problems with", compared to the more generic posts of, "where is this setting, or how do I". But I guess my "favorite" treads are the ones with the question in the thread title, and nothing else included in the post itself 🤨

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• WojTec

@mrmirakhur

The problem occurs on Windows 10 and 11, on the three devices I have.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

I use windows 11 and currently I am not facing any issues related to this.

@Alexandru_BD@Mike_BD - you will have to report these issue to the development team and get them checked on different PC with different OS installed and with different specifications.

An in depth investigation is needed for this.

The issue is now common on bitdefender forums.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• WojTec

@mrmirakhur

The logs were shared and as I wrote in another thread, the solution was to reinstall Bitdefender.

• WojTec

Despite the disabled recommendations, the autopilot still suggests something. Can you get rid of this autopilot somehow?

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2022

Hi @WojTec

Try enabling it, then going into Utilities/ Profile settings/ and disable Activate profiles automatically, go back to the home screen, or close out of Bitdefender and re-open it, and it should no longer show that notification.

Once you click to allow it, then it goes away, as I also ticked File shredder, and now that is gone, too.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Good tip on that one @Scott. Indeed, if you take action on it, the recommendation will no longer be displayed. The thing is, if the toggle for "recommendation notifications" stays enabled, you will receive considerably more recommendations, but if you disable it, the autopilot will display only the essential ones and these cannot be turned off nor will they disappear, if no action is taken.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user