Windows Security (W10) keeps asking me to update Bitdefender but its up to date

Windows Security is asking me to update Bitdefender.. My dashboard's Autopilot in BTS suggest updating Bitdefender and when clicking "Update now" an updating process goes on, showing me my product update is complete and up to date.

Immediately after finishing the update, autopilot triggers a new update recommendation and the same process is repeated. Cant get rid of neither the update recommendation or the Windows Security warning.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail here (scroll down to the bottom of the page):

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• WojTec
    WojTec Defender of the month ✭✭
    edited June 2022

@Gauss182

I have the same problem on 3 computers.

I sent the logs to the manufacturer and then got a response to uninstall the program and reinstall it. Unfortunately, this is not a solution for me, because the problem is not unique, but only occurs on 3 devices.

• I was trying to convince myself to due the whole report thing but there's clear evidence that this is a Bitdefender issue and apparently a reinstall would fix the solution.

Sure enough, as soon as I reinstalled (saving my config and updates) Bitdefender found new updates and Windows Defender is now with a green check mark.

I would not disable Windows Defender, that is one of the worst recommendations I ever read.. I know the forum is basically helpful for tips and tricks and its not an actual customer support place, thanks to @Gjoksi, I now know the real process that I should follow and.. will follow if something happens again.

Thanks everyone!

• WojTec

Windows Defender current BitDefender is calling for an update:

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 2022

Download and install the update from below stated website

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/defenderupdates

Scroll down and choose your windows version and bit.

Re-run the vulnerability scanner after installing the update.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• WojTec

@mrmirakhur

Your suggestion did not solve the problem, BitDefender still cries for Windows Defender update which is up to date.

• Flexx

Generate bitdefender support tool logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/)

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/)

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

@Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - Please check on this persisting issue.

Regards

• WojTec

@mrmirakhur

Logs have been uploaded and have the ID 1007449135.

Reinstalling BitDefender is not a solution for me because I have a problem with several devices, not only one.

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

• Hello,

I have noticed that the inquiry was concluded with the Support Teams. @WojTec kindly let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• WojTec

@Alexandru_BD

Maybe it stayed, but I am not satisfied with the proposed solution.

• Although some solutions might seem raw or cumbersome at first, in most cases they will help achieve the end goal. I am sorry to hear that the proposed solution did not meet your expectations. At the same time, I am thankful for the valuable and comprehensive feedback you have provided us so far and I honestly hope we can do better next time.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• WojTec

@Alexandru_BD

Don't get me wrong, but since I have the same problem on 3 devices and a friend reported the same to me on his own, something is probably wrong.

If I had 100 devices with this problem, would I also be advised to reinstall all of them?

• WojTec

@Alexandru_BD

Is support working on improving these notifications?

• Flexx

@Alexandru_BD is on leave.

You will have to share your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Regards

• WojTec

@mrmirakhur

I think you're following the entries here. I mentioned that the problems / logs were reported to the support.

And the problems with notifications as they are so was.

• Flexx

You will have to be in constant touch with the support staff on the ticket you created and ask them for an update.

Regards