Trojan.******.GenericKDZ.993

I received an alert over the weekend that a malicious file attempted to run on my Mac: Trojan.******.GenericKDZ.993. This alert would pop up every time I visited a particular government website. I contacted the government agency and they told me they found no security threats or breaches on their end. Any idea what might have happened? A screenshot of the alert is attached.

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

In this case, only the malware research team at Bitdefender Lab can give the answer to your question, so follow the next steps:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your MacOS device using BDProfiler, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your MacOS device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.