Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How to manually boot into Rescue Environment?

Options

I've been attempting to restart my PC into the Rescue Environment, but haven't at all been successful. Using Bitdefender Total Security, I go to open the Rescue Environment, which brings a prompt that I need to restart my PC. However clicking Restart does absolutely nothing.

I've attempted to reboot my PC manually, but I don't see anything either on my EFI or any Windows Boot Manager options for a rescue environment. Is there a way to manually add BitDefender's Rescue Environment to either my EFI or Boot Manager records so that I can select it at any time?

I'm running a x64 Windows 10 on an SSD with SecureBoot UEFI.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Dimensional and welcome to the Community!

You can try the following:

1. Bring up Bitdefender and choose Protection on the left-hand side menu.

2. In the ANTIVIRUS pane, click Open.

3. Click ‘Open’ next to ‘Rescue Environment’.

4. Choose ‘Restart’ in the confirmation window that appears.

Let me know if this helps.

Best wishes.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello @Alexandru_BD. Can you reread my question? You'll find the steps you are stating are exactly what I said Don't Work. Is there another method to get it working, such as adding in an entry for the Windows Boot Manager?

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Dimensional

I was under the impression you have not tried the instructions above. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Given the circumstances, I would recommend to reach our Support Teams, so they can have a closer look and analyze logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• @Dimensional - Were you able to figure this one out? I have exactly the same issue.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@starbock

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Regards.