Work profile is active despite being disabled.

WojTec
WojTec Defender of the month ✭✭
edited July 2022 in Utilities

It seems the programmers have broken something again😁.

Despite turning off work profile in the settings, the icon for the active profile is visible on the main program window.

Each time you restart your computer, the profile activates itself.

I really don't like when someone / something decides for me what is "better" for me. If this goes on, you will probably have to look for another antivirus😫.

⛔️Below are threads with problems for which I still have no solutions⛔️:

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Hello.

I had the same problem two, maybe three weeks ago. No matter what i did, the Work profile was still active.

Disabled "Activate profiles automatically", disabled "Work profile", restarted and did anything else what could think of, but nothing helped!!!

Then, i uninstalled the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

and then reinstalled Bitdefender from the Bitdefender Central account.

And the problem was solved!!! The Work profile is no longer active.

Now i don't dare to try the Profiles feature again, as i don't want to uninstall/reinstall the program again. 😀

So, my advice to you: Don't waste your time trying all posible solutions, just do uninstall/reinstall the program. 😉

Regards.

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

Speaking of uninstalling/reinstalling the program, what happend with the ideation of back-up/export the Bitdefender settings. Any news on that product request?

• WojTec

@Gjoksi

Sorry, your suggestions are not acceptable to me.

What if I had 1000 devices with this problem?

Should he do a re-install on everyone?

Shouldn't the manufacturer fix it somehow and release an update with patches?

The same goes for any of the other issues I have reported.

• Gjoksi

@WojTec

Dude, don't yell at me. 😊

I just shared with you my personal experience. 😎

Anyway, if my suggestion is not an option for you, than you should do the following:

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Nothing much can be done here. Or perhaps someone else already faced the same problem and has the solution to your problem. Don't know.

Regards.

• @WojTec this situation should be brought into the attention of the Technical Support Teams, because the engineers have more visibility than us and can check if more users have reported this recently, to determine if it's a widespread issue and take the necessary actions and escalate to our development teams, if necessary.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I'll have to follow up on that one, as I haven't received a concrete answer so far..

Thanks

• @DIVERSE you had some recent interesting observations regarding the work profile in this thread here:

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/90950/does-bitdefender-turn-off-windows-updates#latest

Maybe you can help @WojTec

Cheers!

• WojTec

@Gjoksi

I have already written in several threads, logs and screenshots were sent.

There was also a suggestion to do a re-install.

But unfortunately I am not satisfied with that. I am waiting for the correct version of the program to solve all these defects.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 2022

@WojTec Kindly be informed that bitdefender forum has limited access to the information and resolution regarding a particular query. If any forum member is trying to help you including bitdefender staff and their resolution is unable to resolve your query, then the best way is to contact bitdefender support.

Posting replies on the forum stating that you were not happy with resolution provided by the bitdefender support will not do any good and will not provide you any additional help from the forum members since the bitdefender support are more experienced at handling queries as compared to members in the forum.

And if bitdefender support is not able to help you regarding your query, no one in the forum will also be able to help you regarding the same.

My advice would be to ask the bitdefender support to get in touch with the bitdefender developers in order to get some resolution related to your query. It can take around 72 hours excluding weekends for the support team to respond back to your query since there might be many other queries from different users that may require high priority resolution.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)