Password manager and Wallet VS Safepay

Clapton
Clapton ✭✭✭

Im confused about what password manager and wallet are used for, and why would i use them if Safepay is available ?

I only occasionally buy stuff from two locations online, and do my occasional banking online(pay bills),... all my passwords are written down on paper in a notebook at home.

Therefore i figure Safepay is all a person like me needs. I assume that all i have to do is enter my passwords, or credit card info using Safepay and they will be secure, and i can then do all my banking and purchases protected by bitdefenders safepay.. is that Correct ???

so do i need this wallet thingy or password manager thing at all if my way of doing online transactions with pen and paper and Safepay is good enough for me ????

If wallet and password manager are programs that store your personal passwords online then im not to keen on that at all. Some people like doing that sort of thing, I do not. I would rather store that personal info with pen and paper in my home as i have always done, i personally feel more comfortable with doing it that way.

So do we have to use wallet/password manager to be fully protected or does Safepay offer equal and the same protection on its own ???

and lastly if Safepay is all a person like me really needs , then can i shut off the wallet/passwordmanager thingy??? ... I think i notice it seems to be working in the background of my computer doing whatever its doing ?

Thanks in advance for any help on this matter... cheers.

Answers

• Hello @Clapton,

Bitdefender Wallet and Password Manager are not the same product. The main difference is the multiplatform password synchronization. Password Manager is a standalone software compatible with Windows, Android, macOS, and iOS, while the Wallet is a password manager module with basic functionality that comes with our paid security solutions Bitdefender Antivirus Plus, Bitdefender Internet Security, Bitdefender Total Security. The Wallet is available only on Windows and does not work on Mac, Android, or iOS devices.

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Bitdefender Safepay. Unlike Password Manager, the Wallet does not offer master password recovery options: if you forget your Master Password you lose all your passwords. Wallet functions are limited to autosave & autofill, auto-lock, and a password generator. You can import data from other password management applications only in .db and .csv format.

On the other hand, Bitdefender Password Manager works with Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, and Safari across Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. If you forget your master password, you can always reset it and regain access to your data. It has a plethora of bonus features that increase your privacy: autosave & autofill, password generator, password quality check, search & delete password duplicates, (un)hide passwords as you type them, security reports, password leak alert, secure notes, remote logout, biometric unlock on mobile devices. You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk.

Safepay is a protected browser, a sealed environment that is designed to keep your online banking, e-shopping, and any other type of online transaction private and secure. Hackers are relentless in their efforts to steal personal information, so you can never be too careful about securing online transactions. 

Safepay protects against all e-threats that target your banking data such as hacking, phishing, packet analysis, “man-in-the-browser” and “man-in-the-middle” attacks, Trojans, system changes, etc.

Safepay offers the following features:

• It blocks access to your desktop and any attempt to take snapshots of your screen.

• It protects your secret passwords while browsing online with Password Manager.

• It comes with a virtual keyboard that makes it impossible for hackers to read your keystrokes when used.

• It is completely independent of your other browsers.

• It comes with a built-in VPN to be used when your computer is connected to unsecured Wi-Fi networks.

• It supports bookmarks and allows you to navigate between your favorite banking/shopping sites.

• It is not limited to banking. Any website can be opened in Bitdefender Safepay.

So, the services are different according to their purpose. The Wallet and Password Manager help gather all your passwords under the same umbrella for easy management and keeps them secured, whereas Safepay is in charge of protecting your financial information and personal data. Personally, I do not recommend keeping passwords on paper. This may seem convenient, but you can never be sure where that paper ends up or who has access to it.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Clapton
    Clapton ✭✭✭

hi Alexandru

So sorry for such a late reply,,, though i did read your reply when you posted it , i should of thanked you back then.

Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly explain the differences between wallet, password manager, and safepay, and how they are used.

that was a very good explanation , i now understand what they do thanks to you...

thank you, and much appreciated :)

• You are most welcome @Clapton, glad I could help 🙂

• perfect

• I greatly value the clarity of your explations, for the various systems/platforms, applications offered by BD. I helped me tremendously. Now the challenge is me - :-) *following the directions for firmware update(s) BDTS version/build - then, data export, to cvs and import into Manager vs. Wallet.

say a little prayer, or well wishes on that note - smile

Kind regards for all and especially the wisdom and customer service of the BD Team.

`KC

• @KCANNREBEL thank you so much for the kind words. Your appreciation means a lot to us.

Should you require some guidelines to transfer your Wallet to Password Manager, here they are:

Have a good day, I know you've made mine better already. 🙂