Should I leave Bitdefender?

I find myself in a moral dilemma. For years I have used Kaspersky and have found it works perfectly for me. In the current climate I consciously took the decision to boycott Kaspersky and seek an alternative. That alternative is Bitdefender. I did my research and tried to find a suitable alternative to Kaspersky. Having been with Bitdefender for a short period of time (3 weeks) I find my computer very slow. Neither Kaspersky nor Bitdefender have found issues with my pc. It takes such a long time to open programs and to search the net using Bitdefender to the extent that I am considering leaving Bitdefender. I had no such issues with Kaspersky. So my moral dilemma is do I return to Kaspersky?

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I'll give you a simple answer to your question:

Your money, your choice. It's all up to you.

Best regards.

• Hello @DJSmiffy and welcome to our Community!

I second @Gjoksi , even though I work for Bitdefender. What we as a company try to do is offer the best security solutions in the market. It has been the company policy since the very beginning.

On a personal note, seems that you have a made the choice based on moral grounds and after doing some research- specifically, choosing Bitdefender on facts and independent performance reviews. Slowdowns are, indeed, one of the main challenges which an antivirus provider is trying to improve. On par, Total Security is quite a fast antivirus, constantly scoring well.

Your transition was simply uninstall/ install? Perhaps some "things" were left behind and system performance is affected. I would recommend, if you have time and possibility, to test on a fresh install and then make the final call.

Cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @DJSmiffy,

I think it all comes down to the personal preferences and usability.

I also work for Bitdefender and cannot pronounce myself in regards to competitors, but what I can tell you is that, if you want award winning protection and the latest security technology available on the market, you need to look no further. This antivirus is the result of years of development. The most skilled engineers and technicians were involved in its creation, with a clear goal in mind: to defend against the bad guys and stay ahead of the most sophisticated threats.

Your devices will be covered by the best cyber security defenses with Bitdefender, there's no question about it.

And I think that when purchasing a product, we should always pay attention to how Support is offered by the provider. Because there are so many entities out there that are driven by sales only and do little to follow up or ensure their customers get the valuable support materials or assistance, when needed. As far as we are concerned, we are dedicated to saving our customer's time and money by providing the most advanced products at the fairest prices, along with a commitment to excellence when it comes to support. Each Bitdefender product comes with its own user guide and this provides detailed information on how each module operates and also configuration instructions and recommendations.

Additionally, the users may consult our self-service section on the official website and simply by entering a keyword for the information of interest, the page will display relevant results and articles, some of which also come with a video included: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/ . The Support Teams can be reached via different channels, by chat, e-mail or phone, depending on the user's preference. We are always there for our users, in multiple shapes and forms 😉

At the end of the day, it's about the experience of owning a Bitdefender license and everything that comes along with it. One of the best advantages is being part of this lovely user community, that brings so much value and offers great support for an outstanding product.

In regards to the slowdown, as the above members indicated, there can be several reasons behind this and to find the root cause, the engineers would need to have a closer look at the machine and assist with optimization. You can get in touch with them and request assistance and they will be more than happy to help. If the slowdown cannot be fixed after following the troubleshooting steps provided by mrmirakhur, simply access the above link and scroll down to the bottom of the page to choose your desired contact method.

I hope the situation improves and you'll remain our valuable customer.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I was in the same situation, happy with Kaspersky for years. But due to the current situation I switched to bitdefender. Bad decision. Maybe Bitdefender is good product from a technical point of view. However its annoying notifications are not acceptable in my view, and leave a very bad taste, like having payed for malware that constantly tries to sell stuff to me.

Thus I will move to a different product. I cannot understand how someone can design a software that is actively annoying the user!

• Same for me.

I have now taken the decision to leave Bitdefender and start using Kaspersky again until I can find something as good and that suits me and my business needs.

Bitdefender really need to look at their business practices, this kind of behaviour is not acceptable in this day an age

• Hey, i am in the same situation, guys, bitdefender drastically slow down most of apps, mainly due to this Active Threat Defense function, and please, do not say use exception, i will not add most of exe just because of unstable functionnality of BD.

Never had any problems with Kaspersky, at all.

PS: When i said apps, it is "basic" apps like Excel, how an antivirus can slow down this so common software?? Engineer have to think about it maybe...

• Hi,

In the event of a slowdown, if the basic trobleshooting steps from here don't make any difference, I would recommend contacting the Support Teams for a more in-depth investigation on the machine.

Additionally, maybe @Cosmin P. can provide some advice regarding this.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user