Bdservicehost (bitdefender virus shield) uses 50% of the hd after every windows boot

BitLibra
edited August 2022 in General Topics

Hi everyone, if the question has already been asked I apologize to the mods.

I'm on windows 11. After the latest Bitdefender Internet Security update, every time windows starts Bdservicehost (bitdefender virus shield) uses 50% of the hd for a long time, slowing down the normal use of the PC. It happens every time windows start or restart. I only have essential services starting up and before the last update this was not the case. It's like some scan or something like that starts. I don't have any scheduled scans. I wanted to know if anyone experienced the same problem and if there was a way to fix it. Thanks to those who want to answer.

Comments

• I have Bitdefender Free (Windows 10) and have noticed that for me it uses 100% for about 20 minutes ...

On the internet I found this and so I know it is a general problem on everyone, probably after the latest engine or Windows updates, since after the latest update of the latest version I have not encountered this problem:

https://www.reddit.com/r/BitDefender/comments/wm6898/high_memorydisk_usage_on_startup/

@Alexandru_BD @mrmirakhur @Gjoksi and others, tell us something ...

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• @camarie thanks for the reply in the other thread. 🙂

We hope to have a resolution to the problem as soon as possible. 😉

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• More information on this issue is available at the link below, if you are interested. I was told in a PM from one of the developers they are discussing this issue in a meeting today (which would have started a couple of hours ago by now I think).

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/comment/314475

Internet Security (Paid), Windows10 Pro64, Ryzen7 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX3070, 5 internal storage drives, 2x ext hot-swap drives

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Laptop: Asus X551CA

Purchased: April 2014

Specs: Intel Core i3-3217U 1.8GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000, 4GB DDR3

Hardware change: November 2018, 500GB HDD -> 120GB SATA-III SSD

Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

During normal work, without any scans in the background, here are the results:

After 5 minutes of System Scan and "Scan task priority" set to "Low", here are the results:

After 5 minutes of System Scan and "Scan task priority" set to "High", here are the results:

After updating to the latest build, i haven't faced any slowdowns, haven't noticed any unusual Bitdefender activity, like uncheduled scans, high CPU usage and/or high disk usage.

I also did 2 (two) restarts on my laptop, and again haven't faced any unusual Bitdefender activity.

Regards.

• @Gjoksi Ciao subito dopo aver riavviato il PC non si nota l'uso eccessivo del disco rigido da parte del processo bdservicehost?

Nunzio ·

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Nunzio d'Abbruzzo

Immediately after system restart, 12:30 PM local time:

3 minutes later, 12:33 PM local time:

10 minutes later, 12:40 PM local time:

Still no impact on the performance of my laptop.

Regards.

• @Gjoksi Thanks for replying.

We await the reply from the technicians.

Nunzio ·