How can I combine two licences of same product?

I purchased the Total Security Multi-Device pack license on August 13. I again purchased the same license today (August 17). I redeemed the Activation key but found that it has been activated as a separate license. Please note the license is for 3 Devices for 3 Years (both of them).

Is there any possible way to combine the license, and get 6 years of the total benefit, or at least start the new license after the first one has ended?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and your payments/purchases.

So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

(select "Purchase & Manage Subscription")

Also, @Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD (they both work for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM them.

Regards.

• Hello @gigakb and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender has transitioned to a new and upgraded subscription model, which allows subscriptions to be either extended, or activated in parallel in the Central account, with the scope to protect more devices. This also allows the Central account to accommodate multiple subscriptions or licenses of the same kind, or even different services for more flexibility. When redeeming the activation code in Central, in the event the configuration of the new code has the same variation of devices as the existing license, you will be given the option to extend validity. You will also have the option to activate the code in parallel. In the event the new code has a different variation of devices, only the option to activate in parallel will be displayed.

After checking your Central account, I have noticed that the two licenses are indeed activated in parallel. As the total validity would exceed 6 years in this case, it is quite possible that you received an activation error when entering the second code and as a consequence, you could not merge them. The error message would look like this:

« Sorry, you cannot use this activation code on this account. That’s because with your new code your subscription would be valid for more than the maximum 3-year period. You can still use the code with a different Central account to protect more devices. »

Both licenses were purchased from a reseller and my recommendation would be to get in touch with our Commercial Teams, because some adjustments are necessary in order to merge the validity of the two codes.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• gigakb
    edited August 2022

Hi @Alexandru_BD,

As you have mentioned that there will be an error in my case since the subscription is going to exceed 6 years, i didn't get any notification/error with the same. It just got activated automatically. Plus it didn't gave me the option to activate in parallel or extend the validity.

I will try to contact via the link provided.

Thanks.

• Hi,

I understand. In this case, the best way to move forward would be to contact the Support Teams, as they can provide further assistance and advise on the next steps.

Cheers

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user