How To Stop The Password Manager Popups?

We are adults, not 21 year old Rebeccas who don't know what anything outside of Instagram is. You are chasing away your demographic, your customer base. Congratulations on pushing your company into oblivion. I pay to not see this s***.

-edited by Admin-

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Yesterday i got a product update.

According to @Mike_BD, who works for Bitdefender, an emergency fix was deployed for the Password Manager pop-up notification issue, so it seems that the issue should be fixed with that update.

Keep in mind that product updates are rolling out gradually to all customers, and your PC may not have the live build just yet. Once the staged rollout update reaches 100%, it is automatically downloaded and installed.

Regards.

• Hello @F_the_password_manager and welcome to our Community!

I won't delete your message, as we're are opened to hear the voice of every single customer we have, but I edited it so that it respects the community guidelines (and general politeness rules).

The unwanted notifications were generated by a technical issue on our side and we rushed to address this in a fix, released to the whole user base yesterday, August 23rd 2022. We apologize for the inconveniences caused.

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Pop-ups bij wachtwoordmanager verschijnen iedere 5 seconden. Waarom wordt dit niet opgelost? Wat kan ik er zelf aan doen?

• Hello @gabyvb,

This is not the normal behaviour of the notification. May I kindly ask you to get in touch with the Support engineers so they can have a look and further advise? More information from the machine and the antivirus version is required to troubleshoot this. You can reach our Support Teams by clicking on the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Simply select your desired contact method from the available channels.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Are we talking here about annoying Password Manager advertising popups? I do not need Password Manager and I do not want to see those offers. Please help! I do not want to replace Bitdefender with other product. But I have started to think about that idea.

• Hello @Stekan,

The Password Manager recommendation notification has a dismissal mechanism. Furthermore, if you disable "Recommendation notifications", the pop up should no longer be displayed.

Go to Bitdefender settings -> General -> Recommendation notifications -> OFF:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stekan

In addition to what @Alexandru_BD said, do the steps below.

Open your Bitdefender program and go to:

1. Settings -> General and disable "Special offers" and "Recommendation notifications" (for the "Password Manager" notification)

2. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan flash drives and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "USB Immunizer Recommendation" notification)

3. Protection -> Antivirus -> Settings -> Scan CD & DVD and select "Autoscan" or "Disabled", do not select "Ask every time" (for the "CD/DVD Recommendation" notification)

4. Privacy -> Safepay -> Settings and disable "Safepay notifications"

5. Privacy -> Video & Audio Protection -> Settings and disable "Notify when allowed applications connect to the webcam", "Notify when an application tries to access the microphone" and "Notify when browsers access the microphone"

6. Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and disable "Activate profiles automatically" (for the Profile notification)

After doing that, in the future no pop-up notifications will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen.

REMEMBER: When a threat is detected, a pop-up notification will be displayed in the lower right corner of your screen and you can't disable those pop-up notifications.

Next, as an option to fully disable the Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups, open your Bitdefender program, go to Utilities -> Profiles -> Settings and enable/activate "Work Profile" or "Game Profile".

When "Work Profile" or "Game Profile" is enabled/activated, all Bitdefender alerts and pop-ups are disabled.

Finally, as for the Bitdefender VPN pop-ups, you can simply uninstall Bitdefender VPN from your device by following the steps provided here (just select "Bitdefender VPN"):

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2791/

or

open the Bitdefender VPN program, go to Settings -> Notifications and disable "Allow notifications".

It is recommended that you also review the privacy preferences set in your Bitdefender Central account:

1. On any internet-connected device launch a web browser, visit https://central.bitdefender.com and sign in to your Bitdefender Central account.

2. Click on your username in the top right corner and select "Bitdefender Account" in the menu. This option will launch in a new browser tab.

3. Access the "Data & Privacy" tab, then click on the "Privacy preferences" section.

4. Uncheck both boxes to stop promotional messages:

- Receive in product insights regarding threats, news, and offers.

- Receive insights regarding threats, news, and offers via email.

Regards.