The current Bitdefender version, build number link.

Comments

• 🤣🤣

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Yep, we do have a bit of fun on this thread 😊😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I Love it. Yes, we can make cybersecurity fun again 😎

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I have just got build 26.0.18.74 😊

@Alexandru_BD

Any release notes on the latest build? Thanks.

• Math_Matei
    edited June 2022

It's beyond my comprehension, how do you get updates so fast? It is certain that this is not about luck! For me, only 3-4 days ago, I received an update on 26.0.18.71! I will probably have to wait another 2 weeks for the New update.

😥😥😥

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• Hello,

Yes, you are correct, 26.0.18.74 just came out yesterday evening and I was about to announce it today. 😁

Since most of you have voted to keep the product features and new releases thread without additional comments, so we can keep better track of the changelog, my suggestion is that we keep this thread to discuss anything about updates and new releases and i'll edit the posting permissions for the main thread.

Cheers.

• Scott
    edited June 2022

Wonderful, thank you Alexandru, and @mrmirakhur for bringing that up 😊

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Scott
    edited June 2022

My Android BD Mobile Security just let me know about an update to 3.3.173.2001, which includes Dark Theme. Otherwise, we can always look at @Gjoksi's signature to find out what the latest updates are, since he's directly linked to the mothership and gets them first 😊😊

• Gjoksi
    edited June 2022

It asked for system restart, for the changes to take effect.

So, could be some important stuff fixed and/or implemented in the newest build.

@Scott I know that when you will see this comment, your first thought would be "Damn, how does he get the latest build before anyone else?", but believe me, i can't give you the answer to that question. 😊

• @Gjoksi your antivirus is definitely in the first rollout batch everytime when it comes to updates 😄

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD

thanks for the info, "didn't" know that 🤣

• 🤣🤣

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

@Alexandru_BD I miss the beta testing for windows 😂. When are we scheduled to recieve the v2023 as it is mid of 2022.

Can you get some information if the beta version is available for v2023 or any update from developers regarding the direct availability of stable v2023.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• @mrmirakhur I've just asked, but it may take a while to receive confirmation. I will let you know as soon as I get news.

• Gjoksi

@mrmirakhur

The stable release should be probably released july or august. 😊

Because i always get the latest build before you all do, i'll let you know when it is available. 🤣

@Alexandru_BD Correct?

• Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Flexx
    edited June 2022

• Flexx

• Scott

@Gjoksi well, I just had drinks and dinner with Alexandru and Mike last night, and they gave me a secret under the table new release of Bitdefender on a flash drive. So here's where I'm at 😊😊

• Gjoksi

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD very disappointed in both of you.. i thought we were friends for life...

@Scott this one is for you, from the community members:

Nothing more to add here.

• Flexx

@Scott - Don't you think the green icon background also should have been light blue in colour instead of black, maybe the developers have given you a beta build 😂

Regards

• Gjoksi
    edited July 2022

I just got a pop-up saying that a system restart is needed for the changes to take effect...

Was wondering what could cause this notification to pop-up.

I thought: Could be Bitdefender upgrading to the latest build?

And (again) i was right.

@Alexandru_BD You and @Mike_BD work at Bitdefender, BUT i always get the latest build before you do. Remember that! 🤣

• @Gjoksi Again you are the luckiest man!

Congratulations!

I think I receive among the last, the product update!

Windows 11 Pro - 11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900KF @3,50 GHz, 128.0 GB RAM

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

Still no update here ... i'm also among the last.

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Got it this morning. 😊

Question: while updating Bitdefender to a new/latest version, it quits the protection for some seconds (a windows pops up saying the protection of the system is not given) and starts up later. Means, Bitdefender is not able to protect the system for this period of time? Am I correct with this assumption? If so, Bitdefender should only update all its components to the new/latest version while making a restart of the system. 🤔

• Hello @gur_helios and welcome to the Community!

Some modules are turned off for a very short time while the patch is being applied. Bitdefender has many systems that back up each other and provide protection.

By design, the developers would not make an update system that would leave customers vulnerable in any way 😎

Cheers

• gur_helios
    gur_helios ✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Hi @Alexandru_BD

Thanks for the claryfing information. That's good news. 👍😊

Best wishes from Switzerland. 🇨🇭🤗

Uwe

• Greetings from Romania @gur_helios ! 🤗👋

• Scott

Are you in the US, a Cincinnati Reds fan? Maybe try a manual update, as mine updated this morning.

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭

I got that update today :-) No not US , i'm from Belgium (Europe)

Thanks

• Gjoksi

And at the end of the day, i just gave the latest build a warm welcome to my laptop 😂

Regards.

• Scott
    edited August 2022
  • Gjoksi

@Scott

Yeah, i also noticed that, too... :)

• I've been looking forward to this update 😊

• Renegaderenick
    edited August 2022

I'm new here, sadly I'm on 26.0.21.78 & haven't got a clue what to do?

• Scott
    edited August 2022

For some of us, it takes about a week for the staged rollout to hit us. Once in a while if you want to do a system tray right click update, go for it. Otherwise, as long as you have BD set to automatically update, it will let you know to restart your PC to install it.

Oh, and by the way @Renegaderenick welcome to Bitdefender and this community :) :)

• Gjoksi
    edited August 2022

Hello.

This morning updated to build 26.0.25.84.

NOTE: A device restart is required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD Any release notes available for the latest build? Thanks.

• Minor changes , I've mentioned them on the correspondent thread.

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Hello,

The latest version's changelog says, "Process-MemoryScan detection"

Does it mean Bitdefender has added Memory scanning functionality now? TBH, I thought Bitdefender already has this capability. Bitdefender already provides stellar protection and now with the ability of memory scanning things will only get better.

About the second changelog, I'm confused at what it actually is, "Enable fileless/cmd line rescan detection"

Is there any details available regarding these two new things?

• Hello @HomoSapiens,

'Process-MemoryScan' detection is a more technical term, but I will elaborate and provide a bit more context regarding the newly introduced settings. A new setting called 'Scan application memory' will be added in the Antivirus Advanced settings, below the 'Scan potentially unwanted applications' feature. On Antivirus Free it should be off, as it is part of Advanced Settings. According to the description, this will scan for malicious activity in the memory of running applications.

'Enable fileless/cmd line rescan detection' is a separate setting that will make its way into the product as 'Scan command line' and will also be present in Advanced Settings from Antivirus, below 'Scan process memory'. This scans the command line of newly launched applications to prevent fileless attacks. Same as the above feature, on Antivirus Free it should be off, as it's included in Advanced Settings.

I hope the above information brings more clarity 🙂

Regards

• Thanks for the very detailed explanation. It's really helpful and makes everything clear. Great to see these additions to Bitdefender.

• Gjoksi

Hello.

Just got an update to build 26.0.25.86.

NOTE: A device restart is NOT required for the changes to take effect.

Regards.

• Scott

Thanks for that heads up. Unfortunately for me, that is a week out before it rolls out to my neck of the woods as I would like to see if it resolves the higher CPU issue.

• Unbelievable, this just got out of the oven and you already have it on the table 😂

It has to do with this:

• Scott

Thank you for the post, Alexandru. I did see that post by camarie, I just didn't know it was going to happen that quickly. Good job, camarie and BD staff :) :)

• sxs9001
    sxs9001
    edited September 2022

Thank you for letting us know! I'll still keep using the silent update workaround until next week then. But it's very nice to know a "finalized" fix is soon to be pushed out. Hope the testing goes well!

And thanks for rapid response to this issue.

• Scott
    edited September 2022

Hi sxs9001, unfortunately, the post you commented on and liked, was for another issue having to do with startup scan activity, and not our issue. It may take a bit of time for the engineers to read any of the log files submitted in the last couple of days and to figure out a resolution. I'm sure we'll probably be notified in this thread or other threads when that patch is released. Your help and patience have been a blessing here :)

• Gjoksi

Two program updates in one day? Hmm, that sounds damn fast.

I guess that "bdsmartdb.dll" file will solve the high CPU / disk usage.

All other downoladed files are common threat database files which are downloaded every hour or so.

NOTE: A device restart is NOT required for the changes to take effect. You will get a pop-up window notifying you that a program update with the latest bugs fixed and performance improvements is in progress.

Regards.

• Scott
    edited September 2022

Thanks again for that update, but personally I'll still be waiting a week to try the program update, as I'm on the other side of the world where my updates arrive via carrier pigeon 😀😃