Android updates keep failing?

This problem keeps on happening. Bitdefender never seems to be successful in updating. Here is what I see (play store):

I've tried to do a variety of things to fix it. I've tried uninstalling the app and then reinstalling it. I have manually updated the app (which always works fine) but then I will check it a week ago or so after and I see the same thing. I have a Google Pixel with the latest version of android (12 with January 2022 security update). This has been happening for quite a while. I have a ton of apps and Bitdefender is the only app I'm having an issue with. I'm assuming I'm not getting definition updates because Bitdefender has to update through the play store to get definition updates.

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello @ncage2 and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. The engineers may request some logs from you.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I cant update my phone for andriod system. I have android 9 it says not updated yet. And when I try to update it it say last updated 12/31/1969

• Thanks, I've created a ticket. I'll report back for the good of the community with the solution for anyone else running into the same problem.

• AndyAquila
    edited September 2022

I have the same problem on my Samsung mobile updated to the latest android version. There are always issues with updating apps but it seems that if I turn off Bitdefender mobile security there are fewer problems.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@AndyAquila

I have Samsung Galaxy A22 5G with Android 12 (patch June 1, 2022), One UI Core 4.1 and Bitdefender Mobile Security 3.3.175.2012.

Never had any problems when updating all apps installed on my smartphone.

You should contact Bitdefender Mobile Support by e-mail:

bms@bitdefender.com

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Daniel145

And i'm really glad i reported you for spamming in your comment.