Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization?

After installing Bitdefender antivirus, I ran a vulnerability scan and it came back with 4 issues. Quick summaries;

- Browser Security: allows users to modify security zone settings, SECURITY_ZONES_MAP_EDIT. Recommend enable policy so the site management settings for security zones are disabled.

- Browser Security: internet explorer automatically assigns all websites to a security zone, change in your device's settings that allows users to modify security zone policies. Recommend prevent users from changing your security zone settings.

- Operating System Security: device settings that allows it to automatically sign in the last interactive user after a system restart. Recommend disable auto logins after the restart.

- Operating System Security: when you have autorun for all drives enabled / no autorun disabled for all drives, your device will automatically run all files it finds on plug and play devices. Recommend to enable NO autorun for all drives.

I selected fix issue for each vulnerability but now I've got the following message "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" only on the "sign-in options" for my windows 10 settings.

I just want to be sure that's nothing to worry about and is Bitdefender's doing?

Answers

• Hello @bicdin and welcome to the Community!

Everything works as intended in the above scenario and yes, it is Bitdefender's doing. 🙂

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• If you wish to undo the changes so that you can manage the settings yourself, you could look into the following registry keys that Bitdefender adds/modifies when you click fix:

These keys are why you get "Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization" only on the "sign-in options" for my windows 10 settings

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableAutomaticRestartSignOn: 0x00000001

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableAutomaticRestartSignOn: 0x00000001

These keys are why you can no longer manage some internet settings:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_options_edit: 0x00000001

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_options_edit: 0x00000001

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_zones_map_edit: 0x00000001

HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Security_zones_map_edit: 0x00000001