Why can't I scan a single item by right clicking on it?

When I want to just scan one item, I right click on it, select bitdefender, and then select "scan with bitdefender", and nothing happens at all. I'm not sure why this is.

Best Answer

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓

Hi @AmIJorge

l would try running a repair. In Windows, go to Apps and click on your version of Bitdefender Total Security/uninstall. You'll then be given the pop-up option to reinstall, which is essentially a repair. Run that and it should prompt for a restart. After that, run a manual update from the system tray icon, then give the right-click contextual scan another try.

Let us know your results, in case you need any follow-up help.

Kind regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

Answers

• This seems to have worked, I don't know why I didn't think to do that on my own. Thanks for the help!

• Scott

Thank you for posting back, AmIJorge, I'm glad it worked for you. But that's why we're here, to help with these things, so no worries :)

Take care

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• This work for me too. Thx!

• Just noticed I have same issue w BD Total Security when I went to scan a downloaded file

Tried automatic deinstallation/re-installation through Win11 app uninstall feature - no change

End result - still unable to use right click to scan specific files. BD TS version 26.0.30.102

Not sure if issue was/is latest Win11 update or BD update.

PC was restarted a few times, no change :(

Anyone same issues?

Tks

Marc C

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Canuck4Ever

Hello.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• on windows 11, right click and choose "show more options" click bitdefender and scan from this menu.

• Scott
    edited March 2023

lol...it's been so long since I've used the Windows 11 default right-click contextual options, I forgot about the "show more " that I found so annoying that I had to click that, to expand that list. Thank goodness for the ability to get the normal, full list of options to display all at the same time :)