Problem With Bitdefender Logo On Windows 11 Taskbar

Guilhermesene
Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭
edited October 2022 in Install & Updates

Hello to everyone in the community!

I created this topic to centralize the messages in case anyone is having the same problem.

Today I performed a fresh installation on a device using Windows 11 and I noticed that the AV icon on the taskbar is missing the Bitdefender logo.

It's not a serious problem, nothing that changes the usability of the product, much less harms security, but this topic is registered here for other users who may have this same "problem" 🙂

I apologize to the moderators if I created the topic in the wrong place.

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

As far as i know, @Scott uses Windows 10 and/or Windows 11.

@Scott Can you please check if everything is OK with the Bitdefender logo on your end.

Thanks.

@Guilhermesene

Could be a bug with the program.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Anyway, thanks for sharing this insightful information with the Community.

Regards.

• Guilhermesene

Hello @Gjoksi,

I really thought it could be a software bug, but since I wasn't certain, I thought I'd post it here, in case there are more users with this "problem" it's really a bug (not just a problem on my side).

Anyway, I will contact support, and thanks for being so helpful 🙂

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Guilhermesene

It's OK, mate, we are here to help each other. 😊

Kind regards.

• Hi @Guilhermesene I've checked, we don't have a red flag on this. Most likely it is windows related, but going to Support as @Gjoksi suggested is the best approach right now.

cheers,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Guilhermesene

Hello @Math_Matei, how are you? I hope that well 🙂

I noticed in your profile that you use Windows 11 Pro like me, do you also have this same problem?

Thanks 👏🏻

• Guilhermesene

Does anyone still have this problem?

OBS: I noticed that it's something random in new installations, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited March 2023

Well done,@2Much very nice solution. Tip of the day :) My icon is fine, but all your instruction paths were right on (I'm on Windows 11, Total Security).

The other option would be to create a desktop shortcut from the Program Files/seccenter, rename it and drag it into the taskbar. But I like your idea better :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Guilhermesene

Hello @2Much ,

Congratulations on finding a temporary solution to this issue, and thank you even more for sharing it here with us in the community.

At the moment the DB here on my machine is normal, however, in case this problem occurs in the future or in a new installation (which happens randomly) I will follow the tips you gave us.

Thanks also to @Scott for that workaround as well.

Once again I thank you,

Stay safe

• Guilhermesene
    edited April 2023

Hi @2Much ,

Well, I did a new install today and had to test the step by step you mentioned here in the thread (a little further up).

I have to say that it worked perfectly and the 🅱️ icon showed up normally again.

Thank you for your presented solution.

Take care, stay safe.

• Thank you so much for sharing this temporary fix with the community and congrats on finding a temporary solution to the problem.

The database on my machine is currently in good shape, but I will use the advice you gave us if this issue arises later or during a new installation (which happens randomly).

• Happend to me a week ago, although I installed it a while back after a fresh format of Windows 10.

But anyways thanks, this fixed it.