Bitdefender did not found three potential threats, I'm wonder, what am I paying my money for?

before download file from Internet I check it with Bitdefender and Virustotal, three threats were found by Virustotal and None by Bitdefender.

Screenshots are result of checking same file. I'm thinking, what am I paying my money for?

Comments

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

Note that only a few anti-virus solution companies have detected it as malware, so this most likely indicates a false positive from those companies that have wrongly detected it.

If you still have the malicious file you can send it to Bitdefender Labs for analysis at this link

• Me, and thousand users like me, we trust Virustotal, free online malware detector. As example I checked and found this is infected installation file to download SplitCam free Streaming software version 10. From same sours I checked installation file version 8 it's clean, so I downloaded and install it. Every time when I open the program it is forcing me to upgrade to version 10 and I afraid in one day it can happen without my control by itself.

Reason why I open this topic to show Bitdefender users, so this defender is far from ideal, like it says paid advertisement.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Since you think that the file hasn't been detected as malware by Bitdefender, you should report the file(s) and/or URL(s) as false negative to Bitdefender Labs here:

You could also send them the screenshots you already posted here.

Regards.

• To fill up Bitdefender Detection Report form it is not for me, too many strange questions and information, after all it has limit - "file upload is limited to 25MB" - my screenshot 125mb. I have no desire to continue this useless task.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@ArchyDice

Hello.

In that case, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat:

The Support Agent will provide you with an alternative upload location, where you can upload files larger than 25 MB.

Regards.