What Is "Silent update"?

ep
ep
edited October 2022 in Install & Updates

I am sure this is a silly question, but can someone please explain me what are "silent updates"? Would they be automatic updates? If not, can I make sure BitDefender updates automatically every time there are new threat definitions, and also automatically runs full scans regularly?

Thank you very much.

Answers

• Hello,

Bitdefender is configured to check for updates every hour. To change the update frequency, you can drag the slider along the scale to set the desired period of time when the update should occur. Every time an update is available, Bitdefender will automatically download and implement the update without showing notifications. Turn off the 'Silent update' option if you want to be notified each time a new update is available. Some updates require a restart to complete the installation. By default, if an update requires a restart, Bitdefender will keep working with the old files until the user voluntarily restarts the device. This is to prevent the Bitdefender update process from interfering with the user's work. 

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user