How to install & activate Bitdefender Premium VPN on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited February 2022 in VPN

With Bitdefender VPN you can keep your data private each time you connect to unsecured wireless networks while in airports, malls, cafés, or hotels.This way, unfortunate situations such as theft of personal data, or attempts to make your device’s IP address accessible to hackers can be avoided. Restricted content can be accessed as well, no matter the country that practices internet censorship.

The VPN serves as a tunnel between your device and the network you connect to securing your connection, encrypting the data using bank-grade encryption, and hiding your IP address wherever you are. Your traffic is redirected through a separate server; thus making your device almost impossible to be identified through the myriad of the other devices that are using our services.

Scroll down to learn more.

Frequently Asked Questions:

How to install & activate Bitdefender Premium VPN on Windows, Mac, Android and iOS:

How to install Bitdefender VPN on Windows:

How to install Bitdefender VPN on Mac:

How to install Bitdefender VPN on Android:

How to install Bitdefender VPN on iOS:

If you found these articles helpful, click on the "Agree" button and we'll post more.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• I keep getting a VPN connection error. it does not matter which pc I am using (desktop, laptop, macbook). It does not matter which network I am connected to (office or home). I cannot connect to VPN. I keep getting a connection error (Code 1004 or 1009).

• same problems !! any solutions out there ???

• getting Connection Error: 182 (Tunnel Connect)

• VPN ON MY ANDROID PHONE JUST QUITS WITHOUT ANY REASON OR WARNING, IT JUST STOPS!!! i STILL HAVE TO GET IT UP ON MY LAPTOP. AND BITDEFENDER CENTRAL ACCOUNT DOES NOT CONNECT TO MY PHONE OR DOES NOT SAY IT IS SUBSCRIPED.

• hello team,

I'm facing issue with VPN where i tried to connect getting "connection error 182".

please help if any one know about solution
  • When I use VPN, it takes absolutely for-EVER to connect to any site. If I wait, it will indeed connect.... When VPN is off, connecting to sites is almost immediate???

• David9685
    edited November 2021

The easiest way is to open the purchase email and click the button ACTIVATE PREMIUM VPN (see the image below). You will be redirected to Bitdefender Central, where you will have to sign in to your account if you are not already signed in.

The server location for users wih the free version is automatically set by Bitdefender to the most appropriate server, while premium users have the possibility to change the server location they want to connect to by selecting it from the Virtual Location list

• Error: 182 (Tunnel Connect) and also it disconnecting on its own. Would this have any chance of a hacker being able to disconnect it and not allow it to reconnect. I do have someone that has been signing into my computer when I am not on.
  • As Artist13 same message and for some reason it connects then after a couple of seconds stops and Google uses my location...was working perfectly earlier today
  • Any answer because I get the same thing, although I am not aware of anyone signing into my computer when I am not on.

• vpn error 182 tunnel connect gone through central ,switched account, turned other fire walls off nothing seems to work. afraid ive turned off too many things

• Hello @Alfalfa,

The first step of troubleshooting would be to follow the instructions in the article below:

If the error is not corrected afterwards, kindly get in touch with our engineers so they can further investigate.

You can reach our Support Teams by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

• Hi there,

I cannot connect my VPN at all, I click on the "turn on to secure your connection", the next message says "connecting" but it immediately returns to the "turn on to secure" message.

Can anybody help with my dilemma.

Thanks

• Hello @Blackbird55,

I hereby confirm we do have a situation on our hands. The Support Teams have also received several inquiries regarding a connectivity loop. When trying to connect to VPN, it says connecting and nothing happens, it goes back to the "turn on to secure your connection" screen.

The developers and engineers are working on a fix.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

• Leider klappt nur die Routine beim Erwerb Bitdefender VPN und Bezahlung PayPal, die Installation dagegen nicht. Es scheint irgendwo eine Schleife zu existieren. Versuche es daher später noch einmal.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ernie1944

Hallo.

Bitte wenden Sie sich an den Bitdefender-Verbrauchersupport:

chat: 24/7

tel.: Deutschland (+49) 2304 9993005 (Deutsch - Geschaftszeiten: von Montag bis Freitag von 09.00-19.00 Uhr)

tel.: Osterreich (+43) 720 115 521 (Deutsch - Geschaftszeiten: von Montag bis Freitag von 09.00-19.00 Uhr)

tel.: Schweiz (+41) 315 280 530 (Deutsch - Geschaftszeiten: von Montag bis Freitag von 09.00-19.00 Uhr)

HINWEIS: Der telefonische Support von Bitdefender ist nicht gebuhrenfrei!

Mit freundlichen Grusse.

• Gjoksi

@Dermot

You already asked the same question here:

And you question has been answered by me and @Alexandru_BD.

Both @Dermot's and @Alexandru_BD's comment here have been deleted by me, since this is a thread only about the Bitdefender Premium VPN product and both comments have been moved here:

and here:

Regards.

• Kan geen verbinding maken met Vpn, krijg bericht ,,fout 300 ( uknown error)

alvast bedankt

• Gjoksi
  • Hello @watje and thanks for joining us here.

I've seen another report for this error in the thread below:

Based on my findings, there are 3 recent reports and my recommendation would be to contact the Support teams for troubleshooting, in the event the steps from the support article do not solve the issue.

Let us know how it goes and please do share your findings with us, so we may help other users that might encounter this error.

Thank you