Is This File Malicious?

I received an email from my accountant and thought it was legitimate; it was part of a forwarded email chain between us, so someone obviously accessed his email client. In any case, It looked legitimate, as it was part of our email correspondence.

It was a zip file which I unzipped. The file is named-----> IT1.zip

Here is the email content.

I have attached it here. The link above will also take you to the file.

Does someone have the ability to check this file and tell me what it is? I actually unzipped and entered the password. I later became suspicious and emailed the sender; he confirmed that he did not send it.

Any help/info would be great!

EDITED: File and URL removed by @Gjoksi

"Posting malware samples and /or URLs is not allowed in the community! Do not post direct links to any executable files, malicious/suspicious software or websites in threads, comments or private messages, even if you think the software or site is clean and incorrectly detected by Bitdefender."

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

So, you should report the file(s) and/or URL(s) as false negative to Bitdefender Labs here:

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Additionally, if possible, can you share the virustotal link of the unzipped file by uploading the file on virustotal.com

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)