Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android Adds Chat Protection for Instant Messaging Apps

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited November 2022 in News & Blogs

Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android has received a significant upgrade with Chat Protection, which now fends off threats on the most-used chat apps: WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Discord and Telegram, besides the SMS and notification protection offered by ­Scam Alert.

Read more about this upgrade and the need for chat protection in the following article:

What chat apps do you use? Have you ever received malicious links on your device? Tell us what was your experience and what do you think about chat protection in the comments below.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

Hi.

Today i received the latest version with the Chat protection feature and i think it's really great.

TBH i have never received malicious link.

Just one question: Why Viber is not supported? I know it has built-in Auto spam check option, but....

Regards.

• See here @Flexx 😉

• I'm glad to hear you like it @Gjoksi. The need was clearly there and I remember receiving such dubious messages in the past myself, malware links were spreading like flu. You guys know by now that I'm an iPhone user, so I won't benefit from this upgrade, but still, really happy for the Android fans 😊

As with all new features, this is just the beginning and it could be a strong base for future developments. The product teams do not exclude the possibility to support additional chat applications in the future, however, any updates will depend on their relevance to the mass of users.

Regards

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2022

Apart from viber, we also need it for skype, instagram messages. Since, at the end it is the links that get scanned, be it via direct chats or via personal messages.

The more social networking applications that can be supported the better it will be for the customers of bitdefender.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Point taken @Flexx. I've lost count of the private messages on Instagram saying "Hey, you just won an iPhone 13, click on this link!" 😄

• In the Bitdefender Free version for Android? 😅😅

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security