Slow system scan

The bitdefender system scans very slowly, averaging only a few files or dozens of files per second, is there any way to improve. thank you

Comments

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Protection -> Antivirus -> Open -> Scans -> System Scan, click on the three dots ••• button on the right next to System Scan, click on "Edit", change the "Scan task priority" to "High", click "Next" and "Save".

Also, do the same steps for "Quick Scan", change the "Scan task priority" to "High".

From my personal experience, the System Scan should take 30 - 50 files per second and it takes 25 - 30 minutes to scan the whole system of 95 GB, including the Windows files, program files, data files (documents, pistures, videos) etc.

Regards.

• Thank you, I will try this way to see if it works better, I have been scanning 2Tb in 1 day for quite a while and almost my machine lags with other tasks.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Also to add, after the initial System scan, the following scans will go quicker as the files are indexed.

Taken from this link:

"With every system scan, Bitdefender will index the files that have already been scanned and the scan time will greatly decrease."

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• It is very slow for Quick scan...15-20 min.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022

@Terte

Hello.

Open your Bitdefender program, go to Protection -> Antivirus -> Open -> Scans -> System Scan, click on the three dots ••• button on the right next to System Scan, click on "Edit", change the "Scan task priority" to "High", click "Next" and "Save".

Also, do the same steps for "Quick Scan", change the "Scan task priority" to "High".

Keep in mind that these kind of a scans will consume more resources (RAM and CPU) than the scans with "Auto" or "Low" priority.

Regards.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

To add here, you need to understand it depends whether you are running the scan for the first time or is it a regular scan. If it is a first time, the quick scan and full scan both will take time, even though quick scan only scans for critical areas for malware on the windows while full scan will scan complete windows for malware.

That being said whenever you first scan is completed a cache copy of scan is created and the scans that will be run afterwards will take less time to complete.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)