BD Total Security Detected Gen:Variant.Zusy.54658. Should I Be Worried?

Today i was made Full Scan on my PC from all drivers and i got message from Total Security Bitdefender - Gen:Variant.Zusy.54658 was Detected

I had this file on my computer since 12/09/2022 in a rar file and then did not open it, they are assets / characters for the "mugen" game

I'm very skeptical and paranoid in less than a year, I've reinstalled and changed passwords about 20 times on each account, should I be worried? I threw this pain1.rar file into VirusTotal to find out more about it, and this is what I got

Link on VirusTotal for more details : https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/de8a9514de6f6772db3d1c7c75e6f96efe83e0a19774f93a54b4e148e614d9b5/detection

I hope is nothing bad.. please helpπŸ™

Best Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2022 Answer βœ“

Hello.

Only the malware researchers at Bitdefender Labs can help you with the issue.

You should report the file(s) and/or URL(s) as false positive to Bitdefender Labs here:

Also, you should do the steps provided below.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

You should also send the VirusTotal link to Bitdefender Consumer Support.

In both cases, you should wait for a response from Bitdefender Labs.

Regards.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

@Erenosa236

It usually takes 2-3 business days.

But, there's a trick:

If you write your ticket number here, @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) on Monday, when he will be back at the office, can see the ticket's number and can help you a lot for the issue to be solved in the fastest time possible.

Cheers.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Answer βœ“

As confirmed, the file is malicious and detection will stay.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

Answers