Google Gmail YouTube all saying i have malware! please help

Google Gmail YouTube saying i have malware on my pc  and have singed me out on this device to protect my account Bitdefender not picking up on it or doing (( individual file scans or showing the results of said file scan ??)) anyone having same issues??? i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice! still with no luck and performed all scans with Bitdefender and it saying all is fine! everything up to date as well! Windows10 64 bit 32g ram ryzan 5

Answers

• Hello @Adam_H,

Do you receive any pop-up notifications in this context? Can you post a screenshot please? First, we need to make sure the notification is legit, because this can also be a phishing attempt.

Bitdefender does not show any warning at all?

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• SpencerAV
    edited August 2023

I had the same kind of thing too, the email from Google said "Someone might have accessed your Google Account using harmful malware on one of your devices. You’ve been signed out on that device for your protection."

When I opened my browser my Google account was signed out, so I ran the Bitdefender scans again and they didn't find any issues. This is the only device that was signed out.

I didn't click on any link in the email, but it's from no-reply@accounts.google.com and the only link in the email was https://accounts.google.com/AccountChooser?Email=thisnthatutah@gmail.com&continue=https://myaccount.google.com/alert/nt/1660654182079?rfn%3D311%26rfnc%3D1%26eid%3D-7376030685021970570%26et%3D2 so everything seems legit.

• Hello @SpencerAV,

This looks like a case for the malware engineers. I would strongly advise to contact our Technical Support Teams for further investigation, as soon as possible.

You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

• Hi there,

I have pop up notification about virus and it is more than one, please help me and advice what to do!

Thanks in advance.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@kambakh

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a log file on your Windows device using BDsysLog, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello @kambakh,

Do you receive the "threat detected" notification, by any chance? Can you attach a screenshot with the notification, showing how many times it has been displayed?

Thank you

• this happened to me too, it only affected one gmail account out of the few that are signed in on my pc. i've done the rescue environment and many scans recently and they're all clean, but i did get a virus that affected my pc pretty badly about a month ago, though i'm not sure if it's related because everything shows up as clean now.