Can't Load Bank Website In Safepay

Chet
edited November 2022 in Privacy

My bank is not loading on safe pay and I keep getting a webpage error...I have no idea why and it's frustrating...

This is what I am seeing...The webpage has quit unexpectedly. The problem may have been caused by an exception, or another exceptional condition such as blocking scripts or requests generated by the webpage. Please Reload page or go Back to the previous page.

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue,

create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

and

create a connectivity log file, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log files you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log files will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Hello @Chet and welcome to the Community!

Check if the Encrypted web scan option is turned ON. To find it, go to Protection > click on the Settings button in the Online Threat Prevention module, then make sure the ENCRYPTED WEB SCAN slider is set to ON(blue):

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I've had exactly the same experience as Chet. I've been using Bitdefender SafePay to access my bank account for years and have never had a problem. In fact, I accessed my bank account successfully in Safe Pay early last week, but when I tried to access yesterday 11/18 my bank dashboard displayed for just a fraction of a second and then the error message attached popped up. After several attempts to access the bank webpage and a discussion with my bank (they've had no other similar complaints from their customers), I was able to access my bank account without using SafePay and complete a transaction without any issues.

After failing to access my bank's website using SafePay, I was able to access Amazon and several other SafePay websites successfully and without any problems.

Was Chet's bank problem addressed and solved? If so, how?

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited November 2022

Hello,

I think @Chet had a VPN connection turned on while using Safepay and he was advised to disconnect the VPN and then try again to access the site. We didn't hear from him since, so we don't know what the outcome was.

Some banking apps and websites will not work with a VPN connection or encryption due to extensive antifraud security measures taken by various banks. Safepay also comes with a built-in VPN, so this could be the reason.

Here, you will find some information on why some financial institutions won't let you use VPN technology.

Should you wish to investigate this behaviour in detail, I would recommend contacting our Support engineers and they will try to reproduce the issue and advise on the next steps to follow.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user