What do I do?

Basically, every time I update it has a -1002 error even though my internet is perfectly fine. I have tried everything I can but it won't work. I am waiting for a response from Bitdefender support but Windows keeps saying bitdefender needs an update. My build version is 26.0.30.102 which isn't the newest (26.0.32.109) and I want to know whether I should continue using Bitdefender until I get support or if I should use windows defender until I get support.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited December 2022

Generate bitdefender support tool logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

Generate bitdefender connectivity logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/9689/

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

@Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD can check on your support ticket and escalate it on high priority basis.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hi, I actually already created one. However, they asked for further information so I guess I will wait until after the weekend.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022

Hello @Takend,

I have noticed that one of the engineers replied on the open case. Based on their findings, the error 1002 is directly tied to a possible instability of the internet connection. Try to click on Update in system tray and see if the update succeeds this way. Bitdefender updates as soon as it manages to successfully download the update files. 

You have mentioned that you are currently in ***. Do you know if there is any data cap on your internet connection (metered connection), as this can also cause fluctuations or limitations that may interfere with updates?

Also, check if there is any 3rd party firewall that could block Bitdefender updates.

In regards to your question about blocked regions, our engineers will provide a response as soon as possible.

Regards.

EDITED: User's location removed by @Gjoksi

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Takend
    Takend ✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hi @Alexandru_BD I have already tried using the system tray and it displays the same error. I also do not have any 3rd party firewalls (just windows firewall). Also, is it possible that you edit your post to remove my location (just for privacy)? Thank you! I will try checking on if I have a data cap later.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Takend @Alexandru_BD

Also, is it possible that you edit your post to remove my location (just for privacy)?

Done by me. Regards.

• Ok, checking windows settings, metered connection is off. I set cmd prompt as administrator and ran some ipconfig/netsh commands with windows firewall off as support said and that didn’t work either. I haven’t gotten a BD update for about a week now, should I be concerned about my PC’s security?

• Hi,

Based on the information available from the ticket, I have noticed that the engineers concluded the issue is not related to Bitdefender, but to the internet connection. I would advise to try the update using a different network.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user