Bitdefender Password Manager – Security and Proactive Defense in a Single App

Alexandru_BD
Alexandru_BD admin
edited March 2022 in News & Blogs

Bitdefender Password Manager is a secure multiplatform service that gives users the tools they need to stay safe in a world rife with data breaches and the illicit sale of private data on the darknet.

People used to have just a few online accounts, so remembering a couple of passwords wasn't that difficult. Over time, people needed more and more accounts, and the security requirements for each account either remained the same or grew more complex, with added layers. We can no longer trust human memory to effectively manage all those passwords.

The problem of passwords is complicated because most people use more than one device in their daily routines. Device synchronization becomes an issue if you create a password on one device, but you expect all other devices to know it.

Read the full article below:

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Comments

• Old_M
    Old_M
    edited March 2022
    I have tried BitDefender Password Manager for 3 days and I want to say I'm not impressed. I use for at least 3 years - 1Password, which is definitely Rolce Royce for this category of applications.
  • Masa
    edited March 2022

To be honest this totally update blew up our familys password management.

We've been using the old style password manager for years with multiple accounts for multiple persons in the family. With the old password manager there was different credential containers for each and every one used their own password containers. That was just great.

Now after the update there seems to be ONLY ONE password container which is accessible to everyone who is using the container behind the BitDefender account!? Or at least we haven't been able to find any way to separate the containers for multiple persons. ALSO there's not desktop app anymore?! You must know this in BitDefender, that even today, not every software on computers run on supported browsers.

I wonder what is has been the grand idea behind this brainfart of an implementation and breaking a working system...

Also it seems that all connected devices are using the same master password for the credential manager. Which is not something that should be. There should be a fully functioning multiuser support for this.

We have to stop using this product as of today since there's no security anymore with this product for multiple users...

Added later on when noticed: If we'd be stored Credit Card information on separate accounts earlier. Now anyone having the BitDefender Credential Manager in our family could be using that stored data. Nice...

• I've been using the trial version of PW manager that was not very impressive at first. After the update it was better, but still experiencing issues with the disable on startup. It works ok on Edge but not Chrome or FireFox, so the tab opens every time the browsers are opened, its annoying. Since I also use True Key I'll continue to run both.
  • Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. It means a great deal to us because this is how we can improve our product. The Password Manager is not yet in its final form and since its launch, the Community members have contributed so much to shape its future development. The feedback we've gathered so far helped our developers identify new consumer needs and areas of improvement for this service. The product and development teams are commited to these improvements, to make your life safer and easier.

The multi-users option for the Bitdefender Password Manager is on the roadmap. It will happen in 2022.

So far, upon receiving valuable feedback from our members, we have acknowledged the necessity to create a special category for the Password Manager within the Community in this link here, and also guidelines for specific actions and steps to import, manage and make the best of the Password Manager, which I have included below:

Furthermore, the developers will address the login behavior, discussed in the thread below:

The next build will contain a feature named "Remember me".

Roboform compatibility is also on the developer's list and it's being worked on:

As we have received consistent feedback from customers that switched their cybersecurity solution and asked for a way to import their passwords from Kaspersky to our Password Manager, the flow was put in place and a special article was created to support the import:

Following our user's request to have the Password Manager included in one of the antivirus solutions, the developers listened as always and included the service in the Premium Security package alongside the Premium VPN. More information is available in the article below:

As it can be noticed, the development teams are engaged in multiple areas of the Password Manager and are working to deliver continous improvements and new features for the service, to meet our customer's expectations and shape the best Password Manager out there. But this will require a bit of time and effort, nevertheless we are committed to listen to the voice of our users and collaborate in the most efficient ways to make things happen. It's an ongoing process and we couldn't do it without your help.

I am thankful for your feedback and I appreciate your patience and understanding throughout this development process.

Best regards.

• "The multi-users option for the Bitdefender Password Manager is on the roadmap. It will happen in 2022."

Is there a release date for this? My partner has been waiting since March to have her own account, but now C2 Password is available on all our platforms for free she won't want to wait much longer.

• Hello @Tortology and thank you for joining the conversation.

There has been a delay and the multi-users feature for the Password Manager is expected to arrive in the second quarter of 2023, along with another modification already in the pipeline.

Regards

• I think it's working perfect for me, I've no objection against the bitdefender password manager Its simple and amazing.