Bitdefender Wallet Chrome extension not working

Hi,

the Bitdefender Wallet extension for Chrome stopped working few days ago in both my browsers (Vivaldi and Edge) on my main PC. The icon is grayed out no matter what I do. Surprisingly I've found that it works just fine in both these browsers on my Surface Pro (that I barely ever use these days). The version of Vivaldi is the latest (5.2.2623.39 64-bit) and the same on both my devices, as well as the version of Edge (100.0.1185.44 64-bit). I am not aware of any changes I could have done that should prevent the extension from working (like browser, system or Bitdefender settings changes). Any idea how to trace what's wrong, please?

Tagged:

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

"the Bitdefender Wallet extension for Chrome stopped working few days ago in both my browsers (Vivaldi and Edge) on my main PC"

That doesn't make sense. Did you somehow download/add the extension to Vivaldi and Edge from Chrome Web Store?

Wallet integrates with the following Windows browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and Bitdefender Safepay.

Vivaldi and Edge are NOT supported.

Also, keep in mind that there are no plans of future development for the Wallet. Bitdefender's focus now is on the development of Password Manager.

Regards.

• Hello Gjoksi79_

and thank you for your kind reaction.

As both of these browsers are (AFAIK) Chromium based, it actually makes sense, that the extension could work (and it did/does).

I'm aware of the fact, that this extension is no longer supported and firstly I was thinking that this is just the consequence of this fact. But, as I originally mentioned, the extension still works in these browsers flawlessly on my other device. Btw, one difference between my devices I forgot to mention is the OS. On my PC (, where the extension suddenly stopped working) I use Win 11 Pro 64-bit, while on the Surface Pro (, where the extension still works well) I use Win 10 Home 64-bit. Might this be the cause in some way? I'm simply clueless.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, that could be reason. Maybe the extension still works fine on Win 10 and does not work on Win 11.

Like i said before, their focus now is on Password Manager, not on Wallet and i guess sooner or later they will discontinue the Wallet module and extension for all browsers. But, that's just my guess.

Anyway, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support here:

Regards.

• Thank you. I've just opened a ticket at the official support. If there will be any progress, I will let a note.

• Bitdefender doesn't even know how to fix the problem. Their techs are inexperienced and will mess up your system.

• Well @owenobas, that's a broad statement. It's like saying that the cable guy doesn't know where each plug goes in.🙂

If you can share with us the reasoning behind this statement, maybe we can help.

Cheers.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user