Support Email Has Not Reached Back To Me Yet. Any Ideas Why?

Hello,

I emailed to bitsy@bitdefender.com on December 19 regarding an issue with Bitdefender's malware removal process stuck on a loop. But haven't heard back from Bitdefender yet. Appropriate log was provided in the email also.

I was wondering if for some reason my email hasn't reached the support team yet, or should I contact in a different way?

The issue is quite serious I think, so I hope the team will check it soon.

The email from which I sent is similar to my forum email, except it's a Gmail address.

Thanks.

Answers

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2022

Hello try to contact them by direct chat they can also help via this process.

Check also the renewal via paypal; sometimes, if you do not cancel the renewal process via paypal, you can be debited, I advise you to see if you subscribed via paypal.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

@Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD

Kindly check on ticket's status.

Thanks.

@HomoSapiens

Wait for their response.

Regards.

• Hello @HomoSapiens,

I have located your ticket, it was successfully sent to our 2nd Level of Technical Support.

Kindly be advised that, depending on the incoming requests and workload, the response timeframe may vary between 24 to 48hrs and in some cases, delays may occur, but the engineers will always respond to your inquiry.

I have asked my colleagues to prioritize your request and they will get back to you shortly.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Indeed, the chat may sometimes be a faster way to get in touch with the Support teams, however, the response time is proportional with the queue, if there are many users waiting in line to connect to an agent, it may take a little bit longer. This applies for both live channels, of course. The live channels (chat & phone ) are also recommended in case of emergencies, otherwise the contact form (ticket) is a good method to reach them.

In regards to the thread topic, the inquiry concerns a malware removal process and not a renewal process 😄

Cheers and welcome back on the forum @Gauthey ! 🤜🤛

• Thank you guys for helping. I received a reply from the support team today. My reported issue has been forwarded to the research lab, and hopefully they will be able to find a solution.

BTW instead of opening another thread, let me just ask it here,

@Alexandru_BD Is there anything wrong with this particular sample submission page?

It has always worked wonderfully, but yesterday I noticed, submission isn't working. Instead of showing success after submitting, the link in the browser turns into.....?errors=1&null. I mean the words "?errors=1&null" are added in the url bar beside the above link. It should show something like.....success..... So the submission isn't working. I tried all methods like turning off adblocker, changing dns, trying in a fresh browser profile etc. with no success.

Submission seems to be working fine on this one:

Incorrect Detection: Report a false positive or false negative to Bitdefender

Wondering what happened!

• Hello @HomoSapiens,

Thank you for getting back to us.

The page should work as intended, however, I have now asked our colleagues from the Business team to have a look.

There is a split, this sample submission page applies to Business Solutions and the second link is for Home User solutions. Are you also using a Business product?

Regards

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

After checking, it seems that @HomoSapiens uses only Bitdefender Total Security and not any business product.

So, i guess he/she reports false positive and/or false negative on the first link, the one for the business products.

Maybe that is the reason he/she gets those errors while reporting on the first link.

Regards.

• Hello @Alexandru_BD @Gjoksi

Actually, when you do a Google search regarding Bitdefender's sample submission page, the business page is what comes out at first. So when I discovered it maybe around 2 years ago. Back then, I didn't even notice that it was for business users. But anyway, it always worked, so I was happy. It's just that yesterday I notice it was giving the error. So I was wondering what happened suddenly.