Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How do you scan a specific file in Bitdefender Mobile Security?

I have a 8 KB mp3 file in my Redmi smartphone (MIUI 13) that won't go away. If I delete it, it returns after a couple of days. Before I knew it as a potential threat, I did try to open it a couple of times. Opening it doesn't do anything. No malicious activity as a result of that has been noticed by me either (at least as of yet).

A general scan from the app UI doesn't yield anything malicious. But how do I scan that particular file in Bitdefender Mobile Security?

Answers

• Hello @baldbrain and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Mobile Security scans all installed applications and .apk files. There are a few system paths we do not scan, such as:

1. System applications, as these SHOULD not be infected;

2. Applications installed in those locations that cannot be uninstalled anyway.

Bitdefender Mobile Security will make sure that the Android device stays clean by automatically scanning any application immediately after its install. So, it will no longer scan those apps that have been scanned before or that have not been altered in any way. The only scanning option on Android is to scan the storage or not, and this is enabled by default. You can adjust the Scan Storage option from the Settings menu. However, it won't scan system applications.

A specific file cannot be scanned using Mobile Security, however, there is a workaround for this. You can connect your mobile device to the PC and scan it using Total Security, for example.

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user