Password Manager Problems Import

Hey there

Has someone also problem with the new product from Bitdefender. The Password Manger Claims to import data from other Password Managers. I always use 1password, I liked to try the 3 month free testing but after een CSV export from 1 password there is an error while Importing

Answers

• Hello @Cyberzorro and welcome to the Community!

Based on the above screenshot, I noticed that 1 Password is not selected, but Bitdefender Wallet is chosen instead.

Can you look for 1 Password and select it for import?

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I have the same issue (I do select LastPass).

I export in LastPass and use an easy (for me) password to create the file

I try the import function as above, I get an error.

I just applied for the 3-month trial but not being able to import was a hard blocker for me. I also have a MacBook pro so the fact there was no plugin for safari made the choice even easier.

• I had change te Import directory to 1password and the error stays the same. So this don't change the data import problem.

• I have the exact same problem. Trialling the free trial. Downloaded 1password into all the stated formats and each one fails to import. For the formats .csv and .pif there is a bitdefender icon stating failed but no further information. For the .txt format it looks like it has worked but no data is imported.

Quite frustrating. Just wondering if there is a difference between whether it works if you have a 1password account but not if you just have the application bought as a standalone?

This issue seems to be current, shame if no support is provided for it from Bitdefender. So far I can't see any troubleshooting suggestions being made.

• Hi,

I've noticed that many users were able to import from 1Password accounts successfully, so my guess is that this is a local issue. Have you got in touch with our Support Teams so far? I think the engineers can help on a case by case basis, it is quite possible that a resolution will not be standard for all.

I would recommend to raise a ticket for our engineers to further investigate and this way they will also be able to receive logs from you, if needed.

You can contact our Support Teams by choosing one of the contact methods available here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Stay safe.

• I got success importing from 1Password, but even tough, no password is found in my account

• Yes, I too got the "Import Successful" message from BD but none of the accounts show up in BD. I did this using an exported csv from 1Password.

Also, the non-csv formatted file from 1Password is not supported as an import file to BD.

I am using the trial version of BD. How can I commit to BD if I can't import lots of passwords already in 1Password?

• Hello,

In order to find out exactly what went wrong during the import, the engineers will require more information from the machine. I would recommend you to contact our Support Teams for further assistance, using one of the contact channels available in the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/

Best regards

• I submitted a ticket to the support team. After several emails, they said that this is a known issue and they are working on a solution. They said the fix would be included in an automatic update. They didn't say what the issue is.

• @ransak thank you for sharing this information with us. Indeed, there are several improvement areas to be addressed in the next release. I am also looking forward for the upcoming updates.

Cheers.

• I have the same issue... did you get any feedback from the support team since April?

Thank you!

• Hello @ArnoDelo,

Are you encountering issues during the password import?

Have you followed the instructions from this article?

Let us know exactly what is happening and if we can't resolve this here, you may also get in touch with our Support engineers using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Regards

• I'm having the same issue. I followed the instructions on Bitdefender website. I exported my 1password file as csv. I opened the Bitdefender password manager/settings/import. Then I select 1password, enter my BD password, and choose the csv file. This is what I get:

Successfully imported accounts: 0

Successfully imported identities: 0

Successfully imported credit cards: 0

Successfully imported notes: 0

Could not be imported: 0

No valid data has been found in imported file

I have well over 400 passwords. I opened the csv file just to make sure they were there and they are.

I escalated to support today. I tried out the password manager as a trial last year but didn't purchase because the password import feature was not able to be fixed for 1password within the trial window so I wasn't going to purchase it if that didn't work. Fingers crossed for a fast response and resolution.

• Hello @stacielr,

I have noticed that you have requested a refund of your Password Manager subscription in order to upgrade to a security suite that includes Password Manager by default. The refund was successfully processed by the Commercial Support Teams, however, should you encounter further difficulties importing your passwords, kindly reply to the previous ticket, so that my colleagues can assign the request to the Technical Teams for further investigation. This way, the case will be transferred to the engineers and they will start troubleshooting for you.

Regards

• Hi there,

I'm also experiencing the same issue with importing my passwords.

I've exported my passwords from LastPass, but when trying to import them into Bitdefender I get the following error message:

- Parse errors:

Entry index; Error

2; Too few fields: expected 8 fields but parsed 3

When I look at the exported .csv file, there are 8 fields showing, so I'm not sure what's happening at all.

Judging by the previous comments, this doesn't seem to be a "random" issue, but a common issue that needs rectifying.

It's a shame because my LastPass subscription is due for renewal and I would have really loved to have been able to use Bitdefender's Password Manager instead.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Serenity

Hello.

You should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Regards.

• @Serenity it's definitely a task for the Support Teams and you can follow Gjoksi's instructions above to get in touch with them.

Regards