Importing A .db Wallet File Into The New Password Manager. Any Help?

...user
edited January 2023 in Password Manager

Dear all,

I have the following situation. I used the old version of password manager for a long time and exported my wallet last years as a .db file. This was the save and recommend option.

Due to a technical issue, I had to reinstall windows and lost all not back-up data on my computer. I know want import into the new password manager the .db file from its precessor. I cannot find this option, as it only allows to import .csv or .json files. I do not have the option to export my wallet as a .csv, as this .db file is the only back-up

Is the new password manager not all backwards compatible?

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

Just follow the instructions from this article:

Regards.

• Hey, thank you for the suggestion but this does not work. The article describes how to export a wallet into csv and then import the csv. That is easy. I need to import a .db file as used to be the standard with the old password manager. That is why I said that I do not have the option to export and then import an .csv. I have to import a .db file.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
  • ...user
    edited January 2023

Thank you for this post. I saw this one and it looks as it gives a link:

Answer in question from Scott's link

''Hi Member,

You can import .db files also. Have a look at below link and follow the procedure as stated by bitdefender staff :

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2108/

Regards

Flex''

The link, however, goes back to the article that only describes how to export and import an .csv file. Which is unfortantly excatly what I cannot do.

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited January 2023

Which is why there was a follow-up post to contact support. I just wanted Alexandru to see that one too, as it's been brought up before (that thread). Oh, and I get it, an old BD Wallet .db file that can't be (seemingly for now) imported into BD Password Manager..a bit frustrating.

edit: If you wanted to contact Support, Chat may be the quickest way to get an answer, or they can at least head you in the right direction.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Hello again.

"You can import data from other password management applications in multiple formats: csv, json, xml, txt, 1pif, fsk."

Unfortantely, i think that there is absolutely no way to import the .db file into the Password Manager.

But, like @Scott already suggested, wait for @Alexandru_BD's answer or contact Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Regards.

• Hi,

This goes far beyond my technical expertise and there are insufficient details for me to pronounce myself, therefore I would suggest contacting the Support engineers for a more in-depth analysis and further guidance..

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user