View full path in Firewall Notification

I like to have full control of the firewall and ask me whenever something tries to access the internet. But as you can see in the screenshot it doesn't show the full path to the app so i need to click on View Application and then look for the executable, etc.

It would be nice to show the full path, at least on mouse hover if not directly.

3 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Adjustments have been made for the firewall notifications and when hovering, the entire path will be visible and 'view application' will take you directly to the folder with the application, within the selected file. However, in the event the file is set as hidden, then you will not be able to select the file.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Hi @lucian.wx

Thank you for posting your suggestion, it is appreciated. Agree and voted.

Along the same line is this thread that received 9 votes. Kindly see the last reply by Alexandru in the thread.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Hello @lucian.wx,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. Our developers have previously received this recommendation from our members and will proceed with adjustments for the Firewall notifications soon.

Your contributions and ideas are always welcome and please feel free to share with us any other suggestions that come to mind in the future. The product developers are always open to new ideas coming from our users and will always consider the concepts that have true potential of making it into production.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello,

Changes are on their way here. Instead of the path in the pop-up, the notification will only display the name of the application. When hovering, the entire path will be visible and view application will take you directly to the folder with the application, within the selected file. However, in the event the file is set as hidden, then we will not be able to select the file.

Thank you very much for your valuable input.

Regards

• Considering this fix was supposedly "on itheir way here" in March and it is now September with no change, I'll probably go back to my old anti-virus that did give me the full path names. This is ridiculous not being able to actually see enough information to make an informed decision. Not listing the full path is like a scam artist saying "Just trust me bro", and I do not just blindly trust when it comes to my files.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 2023

Hello @Corgidev and thanks for joining us here.

Changes have been applied for the firewall notifications and when hovering, the entire path will be visible and 'view application' will take you directly to the folder with the application, within the selected file. However, in the event the file is set as hidden, then you will not be able to select the file. Can you confirm this?

I have also updated the idea status.

Regards,

Alex