After A Clean Win 11 And BD Install, BD App Icon Is Blank On The Taskbar. Any Help?

edp
edp
edited March 2023 in Install & Updates

Hello all,

Anyone has an idea on why the Bitdefender icon is using the default "blank" one on the taskbar? I noticed that the icon reverts to the BD icon upon pinning then unpinning the application on the taskbar. However it only lasts until the app is closed, then it returns to a blank taskbar icon on relaunch. A minor issue, but is confusing when it pops up and I have several applications open.

This is from a newly installed Windows 11 machine. So far, I've tried reinstalling Bitdefender and updating it. I also rebuilt Windows' icon cache to no avail. Thanks!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello.

I think you have the same issue as this user (just click on "View Post"):

Anyway, you could do the steps below.

-- STEP 1 --

Repair Bitdefender, by following these steps:

-- STEP 2 --

If the instructions from Step 1 didn't help, uninstall the Bitdefender program using the Uninstall Tool:

or

It will completely remove the program.

Next, reinstall Bitdefender from your Bitdefender Central account and see if the issue has been solved, as reinstalling the program usually solves the issues.

-- STEP 3 --

If the instructions from Step 2 didn't help, follow the instructions in this step.

First, take screenshot(s) of the issue

and create a log file on your Windows device using Bitdefender Support Tool, by following these steps:

Next, contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by e-mail:

with short description of the issue.

After that, you will get an automated reply by the Bitdefender Customer Care Team, with your ticket number.

Now, in reply to that automated reply, you can send the screenshot(s) you already took and the log file you already created in the first step.

Since you are all done, just wait for the support engineers to investigate your issue and find a solution to fix the issue.

Remember that the screenshot(s) and the log file will help a lot to the support engineers for better and faster investigation on your issue and finding a solution.

Regards.

• Thanks for the help @Gjoksi 😀 I've tried both but the issue persists. The uninstall tool was more troublesome since BD was stuck at 80% update several times after the reinstall (longest stuck was at 1hr). Good thing it updated itself again after a few reboots. I'll do the third option and get in touch with support. Thanks again!

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

This is a very strange problem indeed.

I notice that it occurs randomly. I have formatted and reinstalled the system several times, and each time, sometimes this problem occurs, sometimes it does not.

Some steps mentioned by @Gjoksi I have also done, such as repairing Bitdefender or uninstalling and re-installing the AV using its uninstall tool, but without success and the problem persists.

At this moment I am not having this problem because I am using a new installation of Windows 🙂

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod

Obviously a glitch. To be honest, I've never used the Taskbar version, as I find allowing it to be viewed in the system tray to be more useful, with more useful right-click options :)

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Guilhermesene
    Guilhermesene Defender of the month ✭✭✭

The interesting thing is that sometimes I wonder if it is something related to Bitdefender or to Windows 11 itself, since this problem only occurs on Windows 11 (I never had this problem with Windows 10 for example).

But, on the other hand, Bitdefender is the only AV that I observed with this problem in Windows 11. It would be interesting if the development team tried to reproduce this problem in order to solve it, because, it is not a factor that impacts the security of the device, but it is a rather annoying problem so to speak, influencing the user experience.

See, this is not a criticism of Bitdefender, on the contrary, I LOVE Bitdefender and how automated and solid it is, in fact, my comment is in order to solve the problem and make the product even better.