Why does my activation code not work?

Fatima_Hss
Fatima_Hss Fatima
edited April 2023 in Central & Subscriptions

I've received my activation code but it doesn't work :( I've tried many times but still nothing.

Answers

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 Defender of the month mod

Hi @Fatima_Hss are you referring to the free version?

The free version does not need any activation code.

Just download the setup file, install it and register an account.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hello @Fatima_Hss,

If you have received an activation code and it doesn't work, then perhaps this thread should be moved to a different category, since it's no longer related to the free version. I will do that for you, but first we would require more information.

I could not locate your order, did you make a purchase and if yes, from where? You can check the below article for the most common errors encountered during activation and let us know what product you have and what error message is being displayed, if any. Alternatively, you can also send me a PM with the activation code and I can check.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Hello @Alexandru_BD,

Thank you very much! It really helped me a lot but now after I checked my account, I saw that my Bitdefender total securaty has been cancelled.

Kind regards,

Fatima

• Hi @Fatima_Hss,

As discussed privately, the message has to do with the fact that the automatic renewal feature has been canceled for your subscription. This does not disable the ongoing protection that is still available until the license expiration date in 2024.

Kindly refer to the open ticket for more information, as our representatives have recently replied to you there. Apparently, your email address has been misspelled.

Regards

• MILIVOJE
    MILIVOJE G. MILIVOJE DJUKIĆ

Podaljšal , kupil in plačal Licenco do 15.12.2024.

Dobil licenčno kodo , vnesel in potrdil kodo in račun z geslom . Moti me ko mi še vedno kaže RISK z rdečim trikotnikom na vseh napravah . PC računalnik prenosni računalnik in Android mobitel . Prosim za pomoč in dokončanje potrditve registracije . Hvala !

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@MILIVOJE

Hello.

First, log out from your Bitdefender Central account.

Next, on all Windows devices with Bitdefender installed, open the Bitdefender program and do this:

In the next dialog boxes enter your e-mail and password that you used for your Bitdefender account and subscription and click on "Sign in".

You are done.

(The next step is only for all Android devices with Bitdefender Mobile Security installed)

In Bitdefender Mobile Security, click on the "More" menu and on the top of the dialog box, click on your account name, then click on "Log out of your account".

In the next dialog boxes enter your e-mail and password that you used for your Bitdefender account and subscription and click on "Sign in".

You are done.

Wait a few seconds and sign in back to your Bitdefender Central account.

Now, in Bitdefender Central, you will have displayed the correct number of protected devices with the correct Bitdefender product installed on each device and you will not get any "At Risk" messages.

If that didn't help, try uninstall/reinstall the Bitdefender products on both Windows:

and Android:

Finally, if that also didn't help, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

because ONLY THEY can have access to your Bitdefender Central account and your activation code.

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.

Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.

NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

@Alexandru_BD and @Mike_BD Please, take a look here.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023

Hello,

The account looks good, 3/5 devices protected and the subscription is indeed valid until December 2024. @Gjoksi I think the switch account steps helped him. I wouldn't go through the uninstall/reinstall steps for this one.

So, if you need anything else @MILIVOJE, just let us know.

Regards

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭

@Alexandru_BD

Hey, buddy.

That's why i wrote: If that didn't help ... 😉

Keep in mind that going through the uninstall/reinstall steps is the last thing i recommend and want for all users here asking for help. 😁

Regards. 🙂